Had the Flyin' Whale out a few weeks ago at a couple of events

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thought that I would share some pics including some pics of a very nice '67 300 I saw at one of the shows. Also photos of the Flyin' Whale leaving a show last May.

The Flyin' Whale is running strong but boy does it like suck down fuel.

051819 Papas Cruise Night.jpg
Papas 051819 Photo 2.jpg
Papas 051819 Photo 3.jpg
67 300 right rear.jpg
Right Front 2 December 2019.jpg
Whale and 67 300 left front.jpg
Whale and 67 300 left rear.jpg

Bill, I've seen most if not all of your cars. They are extremely nice BUT I must confess the whale is my favorite.

:thumbsup:

" but it does like to suck down fuel" As the rear tires go up in smoke! LOVE it.

One advantage of NC..... I doubt you'd have that much fun back in CT a few weeks ago.

Since you are now in Carolina your cars can be driven year round now. Your fleet is second to none. I do love the back of those '67 300s.

Glad to see you must be settled in enough now, to go out and enjoy your cars.

Last edited:
Very nice Bill, thanks for posting. Not to often you see a '66 and '67 300 parked next to each other at a show together. Keep em coming if you can.

Bill, I've seen most if not all of your cars. They are extremely nice BUT I must confess the whale is my favorite.

What? A slab side non-Dodge is your Favorite? LOL The whale is a great 20'er. She's wearing mostly original paint, which is thin in spots, has been buffed through in spots and has chips, scratches and dings.

We have known each other a long time Dave so perhaps we can arrange for you to take the Whale for spin in Carlisle. I know that you have respect for the indescribable power this car has and how easy it is to get a car like this sideways at speed.

One advantage of NC..... I doubt you'd have that much fun back in CT a few weeks ago.

For sure! I am still trying to wrap my head around being able to cruise around in one of C Body's in December with temps in the 50's - 60's. I love some the winding 2 lane roads with high speed limits - a lot of fun to drive on.

Since you are now in Carolina your cars can be driven year round now. Your fleet is second to none. I do love the back of those '67 300s.

Thanks! Wait until I get a few of my project cars finished. My fleet will get better over the next year or two.

Hey @FURYGT how did you like our almost 70 degree day today? Personally, I took the time to clean out my garage and wash some cars. I hope you got to enjoy it too.

Congratulations on your move. I spent 14 months in Stamford, CT, back in '92 - '93 and then the next 8 years in Winston-Salem, NC, not too far from your new digs. My three sons were all born in High Point and I have nothing but fond memories of my time in NC and I would not hesitate to move back. I am not familiar with Lincolnton, but I hope you are very happy there.

Hey Bill, see what you're missing, all this free ice for my Bourbon.
IMG_1865.JPG

Haven’t seen snow in 3 years being down in NC. I come up to New England to buy a car for the holidays and I get treated with a snow storm! You’ll definitely be spoiled by the 70 degrees in January. I forgot 4WD and snow/All terrain tires is a necessity up here!

25CDFF3A-2DF0-42BF-B23E-6AA4A00B93C2.jpeg

Haven’t seen snow in 3 years being down in NC. I come up to New England to buy a car for the holidays and I get treated with a snow storm! You’ll definitely be spoiled by the 70 degrees in January. I forgot 4WD and snow/All terrain tires is a necessity up here!

View attachment 341502

If you bought that car in CT from Guy C. you got yourself a strong and very consistent car. I know the car and he won quite often bracket racing that car.

If you bought that car in CT from Guy C. you got yourself a strong and very consistent car. I know the car and he won quite often bracket racing that car.

I got it from a gentleman just outside of Worcester, MA by the name of Paul. Used to be in ever New England Summer National event back in the 90s/ Early 2000s

Back