Harbor Freight Steps Up

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Say what you want about Harbor Freight but this is a great gesture.Where are all the other companies?Let your local hospitals know about this...perhaps it will help a little bit.

hf donation.JPG

Big John posted this yesterday ...
I of course had to po poo on it since Harbor Freight should be called China freight . China caused this world wide disaster, they should be giving everything away.

I have in the past bought a lot from them. Probably close to 20 auto buffers. 15 or so didn’t last 6 months. 2 were bad right out of the box. 2 lasted a year. Bought a 4000 watt generator. Worked great. Started easily. Got it on sale for less than $300 when the big box stores wanted $400 & up for similar US brand models. After two years the spring recoil mechanism broke. Took it apart. Made of cheap plastic. Called their service parts #. Gave them the model #. Lady said no service parts avaliable for that one. She admitted to me over the phone that it was made in China. Still being made but they did NOT offer service parts. So just like their $39.99 buffers it turned out to not be such a great deal after all. I’m done with Harbor Freight Tools. And the cheap Amazon stuff too. Not happy with China blaming the virus on our soilders. Final straw ! This is just PR from China to stop the damage THEY created & have severely damaged my business which was booming untill two weeks ago & my retirement account which is dead in the water currently. I don’t care how any of you feel about this post. You can prop HFT up all you want. I’m done with them !

I bought a cheap electric chain saw there and when the chain got dull I went back to HF and was told they don't even carry new chains for it. The lady told me that if I had bought the warranty they would give me a new saw for free. :realcrazy:

Another thing
Remember the tainted pet food out of China a few years back ? How many people lost pets from that. Thousands. Yea China apologizes & we go on till they get us again.

And another thing. My 87 Y/O moms suffering from dementia is on lock down in a nearby nursing home. I haven’t seen her in 12 days & counting ! NO ONE is allowed in the building except staff. My 89 y/o dad is quarantined in his home. Family members are bringing him supplies as need. None of us can go in to visit him in his own home !
Local race tracks are temporary suspended
NASCAR, NHRA, MLB, NHL many if not most schools all shut down temporarily
Day care centers shut down
All because of, well you know
And then theres the NBA. China shot them selves in both feet in that one.

Last edited:
And another thing. My 87 Y/O moms suffering from dementia is on lock down in a nearby nursing home. I haven’t seen her in 12 days & counting ! NO ONE is allowed in the building except staff. My 89 y/o dad is quarantined in his home. Family members are bringing him supplies as need. None of can go in to visit him in his own home !
Local race tracks are temporary suspended
NASCAR, NHRA, MLB, NHL many if not most schools all shut down temporarily
Day care centers shut down
All because of, well you know
And then these the NBA. China shot them selves in both feet in that one.

I hope this situation gets better and you can visit your parents soon!

Bob, sincerely sorry about your parents. Prayers for them and you, wish there was something we all could do. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but we hope our leaders in business and government start paying attention to what's going on with our economy and way of life because of the chinese regime not giving a **** about anything but themselves. Although theres no bombs and bullets flying. This is warfare and we need to stand tall in the face of the tyranny......

Bob, sincerely sorry about your parents. Prayers for them and you, wish there was something we all could do. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but we hope our leaders in business and government start paying attention to what's going on with our economy and way of life because of the chinese regime not giving a **** about anything but themselves. Although theres no bombs and bullets flying. This is warfare and we need to stand tall in the face of the tyranny......
Thank you

If this isn’t an “eye-opener” that we need to get the Fluck away from China in EVERY aspect. Then I don’t know what is.. Everything we Eat, Drive, Wear and touch has something from China related to it.. Most of us are on this website via our phones. Guess who?
:usflag:

It's a very good gesture in a time of need, let's not lose sight of that. Gotta give them their due, however because of the pandemic, their tools being a POS is a subject for another time, because they truly are POS!

China wouldn't be the super power it is unless our corporations decided to give our jobs to them to save labor costs - at all of our expense. They are still doing it building whole assembly plants and more over there too. The China squabble with this administration doesn't seem to be doing much damage to them either. And it won't change as long as the corporate CEOs and shareholders maintain their millionaire/billionaire incomes from this practice, and continue to pay for our Congressmens' campaign expenses. And WE don't demand anything different.

This is a all out act of war, the day people realize that, the sooner we can put a fix on the problem!

I guess I'm the lucky one with HF, of course I'm paying attention about what I'm getting from them!

Back