Hardtop door glass seals

stiebs

Reaction score
So I have no idea what they are called.. but the rubber is well perished on the weather strip that rises with the door glass on my '74 Monaco four door hard top. Is there someone that sells suitable replacements, or is there another way to get this sorter out?

And while I'm at it, I guess I might as well look at replacing the full weather sealing around the doors. It's not leaking, but the rubber is badly perished.

Thanks,
Mark.

www.bluesmobileaus.org

They are called roof rail seals and you won't find them anywhere on the planet.

No NOS seals available and no one is reproducing them. You might find a better set off a parts car or the derby guys.

Good luck.....

Also, FYI the left side and right side are different and don't interchange.

There's a guy Kip Gardner that came up with a McGuyver fabrication by piecing a bunch of seals together. There's a thread on this forum that has pictures and instructions on how to fab them. I don't know anyone that did that but him. I don't remember what thread it is in. Maybe somebody else on the forum remembers. He might have posted it on another forum too. New Yorker on line or an Imperial forum....sorry I just don't remember exactly.

I myself, have given up trying to find the roof rail seals. 99% of all 4 Dr HT Formals need these seals.....

When you talk about roof rail seals, are you referring to only the seal that is attached to the door opening, that the glass seals against, or do you include the seal between the front and rear door windows that lowers/rises with the glass?

When you talk about roof rail seals, are you referring to only the seal that is attached to the door opening, that the glass seals against, or do you include the seal between the front and rear door windows that lowers/rises with the glass?

Im talking about the seal that is on the top along the door openings.[/QUOTE]

Hi All,
Not sure how to use the site. In search of roof rails and windows seals for 1970 Plymouth Fury Gran Coupe, Hardtop, 383 Eng; these clip into the chrome tracks for the driver, passenger, and both rear windows to keep the windows aligned (keeps wind, rain, water, and noise out). New, used, universal, or other viable options I am open to.

Back