Has anyone ever put '65 Chrysler door handles on a '68?

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
A thought came to me and I wondered, has anyone ever put the "ejector seat" style interior door handles on a 68?! I absolutely love the design. If I'm not mistaken, the door frame is the exact same from 65-68? What would I need to make this cool custom swap? I assume the arm rest, handle and mechanism for inside...

Looking at the parts books it appears that the control was completely different between 65 and 68.

New control, rods, arm rest and bezels, door panels?

Not saying can or cannot be done, just saying the mechanism is completely different.

Alan

Looking at the parts books it appears that the control was completely different between 65 and 68.

New control, rods, arm rest and bezels, door panels?

Not saying can or cannot be done, just saying the mechanism is completely different.

Alan

Makes sense, I can modify the door panels to accept the new arm rest / handle setup and can fab something up so the mech attaches inside. Always loved how awesome those door handles looked!

It is hard to say, the holes may be there or the panel might still be shaped the same such you could add them. You'd have to see the 65 panel to know.

Alan

Back