Has anyone restored the red center cap to a Chrysler Cordoba aluminum wheel?

Interesting thread on hubcaps, paint and solvents. Filed for future reference. Late to the party, but i do have a question regarding Cordoba hubcaps.... i own a '76 with standard hubcaps, does anyone have knowledge of where i can find a good set? Mine are pretty tired, and 2 of them pretty much become flying saucers at speeds above 23 MPH. i switched to a set of wire-wheel caps from a '79 Newport because they actually stay on....

First, want to thank Marty Mopar for sending me a new NOS cap as I was not sure how my efforts would pan out.
But I do have the final result of the restoration.
sand plastic.jpg
polish.jpg
paints.jpg
compare.jpg

I sanded the good plastic center with wet and dry 800 sandpaper, polished it with Brasso and painted it with 3 light coats of Tamiya TS-clear red (thanks to Big John),
2 coats of Krylon metallic silver.
The 3 center caps above show the result...left is the new NOS cap, middle the restored cap and right the original which shows some wear
compare assembly.jpg

Also a small foam pad was put in between the painted cap and the mounting tangs to avoid any movement,
and the mounting plate was secured by drilling 4 holes where the factory tabs were, and screwing in screws and star lock washers

Back