having work done info here needed

Car looks nice. Sits "right", etc. How many miles and what prompted the desire for the new parts? Just curious.

There are some items in those kits you might not need. Like the tie rod adjusting sleeves, for example.

To me, just the control arm business, upper AND LOWER, plus possibly ball joints might be all that's really needed. Be advised that to do the lower control arm bushiness, the torsion bars will need to be slid back, SO the proper tool to do so is needed. Also check the condition of the rear boots on the bars, too, while you're there.

I know that everybody tends to be "kit oriented" in more recent times, with the alleged price savings, BUT don't replace something just because you can. If the current items aren't really worn, but just old, what you replace them with might be of lower quality, but new. So don't condemn parts just due to age. Over the years, there have probably been MORE Chrysler lower ball joints replaced, that were still very much "in spec", but made to look "worn out" by the techs that sold the new stuff.

Never did have to replace any lower ball joints on my C-bodies, but did have to replace an idler arm, once (cornering performance was affected).

Spending the money might be good for your "piece of mind", but if the existing parts aren't really "worn", are still "in spec", then you might spend a good bit of money for little real performance benefit. Your money, your car, etc.

Afterward, a good alignment needs to be done, too. PLUS setting the front end height if the T-bars are moved to do the lower control arm bushings.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Those new sleeves while maybe not a critical requirement, actually save you labour cost if you are replacing all the tie rod ends. No fighting with rusty seized up 54 year old parts to take it apart and cleaning up the sleeves so they thread freely for reassembling. A little Neverseize on everything and the next guy that has to align it won't need a pipe wrench to adjust the toe.

Kevin

Back