Headers for a ‘68 New Yorker

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I’m looking to see what my best bet is on finding some good headers for my ride. My ‘68 New Yorker is mostly stock. Aside from the engine being bored 30 over and the trans having a TF2 in it, it still has a 650 CFM carb and nothing crazy.

I am wanting to do a dual chrome exhaust on the car and run some 24 inch glasspacks. I don’t like the sound of flowmasters very much, I’m more into the furple of glasspacks! Case in point, I want to see what headers will fit my 1968 New Yorker with a 440.

F229C9B0-BA10-4F31-88E8-575C959985F0.jpeg

Tti headers will work, coated are probably around $1k, another $800 for the pipes out the back with some Dynomax mufflers. I have them on two cars and I'm satisfied with the sound.

I think some Hedmens also work, I can't recall the P/N.

TTI makes headers that fit perfectly from what I've heard, plus they'll make the exact pipes required to mount the mufflers of your choice. All you need to do is tell them what you're intending to install, and the dimensions of them.

Did you talk to the eBay guy about the Walker Continental Blue Swingers? Those are the hands-down best glasspacks ever.

TTI makes headers that fit perfectly from what I've heard, plus they'll make the exact pipes required to mount the mufflers of your choice. All you need to do is tell them what you're intending to install, and the dimensions of them.

Did you talk to the eBay guy about the Walker Continental Blue Swingers? Those are the hands-down best glasspacks ever.

i can’t find them! Do you have a link?

I gave the link to you on FaceBook... Oh Isaiah, what am I going to do with you?? :lol:

Here's the post I made on your question from C Body Mopar Owners:

"In terms of glass pack mufflers, I would go without question with a pair of Walker Continental Blue Swingers. Discontinued, but there's a guy on eBay that sells them NOS. I bought two pairs from him for my Monaco.
They have that distinctive sound like no other glass pack, and were the hot muffler back in the day for our big Chryslers.
Here's a link to my Monaco running an old set before I took the car apart for restoration. Turn the sound up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkxH3pxjEl8
Here's a link to the guy that sells them - while he may not have the exact ones for your car, just get the longest you can get that will fit, 2" in, 2" out, such as the one listed in the auction below - he can sell you a pair.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383879219406?epid=2076597872... "

Here's what they look like, and a pair of them would be perfect for the way you're building your car:
s-l1600.jpg

I gave the link to you on FaceBook... Oh Isaiah, what am I going to do with you?? :lol:

Here's the post I made on your question from C Body Mopar Owners:

"In terms of glass pack mufflers, I would go without question with a pair of Walker Continental Blue Swingers. Discontinued, but there's a guy on eBay that sells them NOS. I bought two pairs from him for my Monaco.
They have that distinctive sound like no other glass pack, and were the hot muffler back in the day for our big Chryslers.
Here's a link to my Monaco running an old set before I took the car apart for restoration. Turn the sound up!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkxH3pxjEl8
Here's a link to the guy that sells them - while he may not have the exact ones for your car, just get the longest you can get that will fit, 2" in, 2" out, such as the one listed in the auction below - he can sell you a pair.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383879219406?epid=2076597872... "

Here's what they look like, and a pair of them would be perfect for the way you're building your car:
View attachment 467276

Well duh on me! Thanks! I gotta check them out

I can attest that TTI headers work very well! The fitment is great. The easiest way to install the passenger side is to undo the motor mount bolt and jack the motor up to make clearance between the engine and the torsion bar. Spend the money on the coated headers. I painted mine myself to try and save a few bucks and heartily regret it.

Tti headers will work, coated are probably around $1k, another $800 for the pipes out the back with some Dynomax mufflers. I have them on two cars and I'm satisfied with the sound.

I think some Hedmens also work, I can't recall the P/N.

Part number 78070

The hedman shorty headers work fine.I have had them on multiple C bodies and will be removing a set from a 68 Chrysler 300 in the near future. I ran the TTi 1 7/8 headers on the stroker in my old 70 Polara as well. Before that I ran the Hooker Super competition 1 3/4 headers on it. I still have the old ones I took off. They will be going on my 68 300.

Back