headers for a 68 Imperial

68imperial

Reaction score
guys and or girls. Does anybody know of any headers that are guaranteed to fit a 1968 Imperial?

I haven't been able to track anything down here in Aus. Let me know your thoughts. thanks again
Duncan:sSig_noob:

This tends to be a heated topic. The general consensus is to just use HP manifolds unless you are building a drag racer.

Why, why, why?
I understand most of the members here are purists, and want their C body kept original. I would like to modify mine! At the same time keeping all the original parts! Now I don't leave sniggering comments to you all for that reason! So please, if you don't like what I am doing then please don't comment. This way it will be easier to keep from not liking you before i get to know you! :)

This tends to be a heated topic. The general consensus is to just use HP manifolds unless you are building a drag racer.
I thought about the hp manifolds but i'm not sure, they cost nearly as much as a good set of headers! The car already comes factory with Dual snorkel air cleaner and dual exhaust. was just looking to breath a little more life into it1

I understand most of the members here are purists, and want their C body kept original. I would like to modify mine! At the same time keeping all the original parts! Now I don't leave sniggering comments to you all for that reason! So please, if you don't like what I am doing then please don't comment. This way it will be easier to keep from not liking you before i get to know you! :)
Listen, if you want to put tats and piercings on Venus DeMilo, fine. It's your statue so do whatever ever you want to it. But to to expect art historians to keep quiet about it is ridiculous.
You can't do **** like that and feign indignty to your feelings being hurt.

Listen, if you want to put tats and piercings on Venus DeMilo, fine. It's your statue so do whatever ever you want to it. But to to expect art historians to keep quiet about it is ridiculous.
You can't do **** like that and feign indignty to your feelings being hurt.
That's your opinion! You probably think kinky is having sex with the light on!

The car will probably run better with the exhaust manifolds over the headers. For a large car, low end torque is what you want. The headers aren't going to do anything in the engine RPM range you need for a big, heavy car like an Imperial.

They also tend to leak and cook starters.

It sounds more like you are just looking to add headers to the car for some sort of "coolness" factor. In reality, there's no performance value here.

Dude wants headers on HIS car. HIS car.....
I know. I know.....

mona_lisa_with_big_mustache_printed_napkin-rf5efd10911b94e4cb5563fca00932b05_2cf00_8byvr_512.jpg

The car will probably run better with the exhaust manifolds over the headers. For a large car, low end torque is what you want. The headers aren't going to do anything in the engine RPM range you need for a big, heavy car like an Imperial.

They also tend to leak and cook starters.

It sounds more like you are just looking to add headers to the car for some sort of "coolness" factor. In reality, there's no performance value here.
"coolness" factor! I am not a mechanic but from what I read, to gain HP, headers are a must! I plan to also upgrade the intake manifold, Cam and swap over to aluminium heads as well! GASP!!!!!!! so i believe the headers will make some kind of difference over standard manifolds? I just want a smart cruiser with a little pep in it's step, and was hoping I could pick the brains of some like minded car people without being harassed and have assumptions made in regards to how I plan to look! not asking for much really just to be respected for the decisions that I choose to make for MY car. I think there are way to many old farts that think if you don't run Bias ply tires on your C body your the devil! get a grip lads! times have changed, we now have colour TV, and un-leaded fuel! move with the times. I love my car as much as you do, I
chrysler imperial.jpg
don't plan on shortening it's life only extending it. Just my 2 cents worth! Cheers and have a great mopar filled Day.

Sniggering....that's a new word to me.
snigger
play
intransitive verb snig·ger \ˈsni-gər\
Definition of snigger
Popularity: Bottom 40% of words
snig·geredsnig·ger·ing play \-g(ə-)riŋ\

1. : snicker
snig·ger·er play \-gər-ər\ noun

examples of snigger
  1. <we sniggered as the actor kept forgetting his lines>

Origin of snigger
by alteration

First Known Use: circa 1706

Don't be a sniggerer...please.

"coolness" factor! I am not a mechanic but from what I read, to gain HP, headers are a must! I plan to also upgrade the intake manifold, Cam and swap over to aluminium heads as well! GASP!!!!!!! so i believe the headers will make some kind of difference over standard manifolds? I just want a smart cruiser with a little pep in it's step, and was hoping I could pick the brains of some like minded car people without being harassed and have assumptions made in regards to how I plan to look! not asking for much really just to be respected for the decisions that I choose to make for MY car. I think there are way to many old farts that think if you don't run Bias ply tires on your C body your the devil! get a grip lads! times have changed, we now have colour TV, and un-leaded fuel! move with the times. I love my car as much as you do, IView attachment 67655 don't plan on shortening it's life only extending it. Just my 2 cents worth! Cheers and have a great mopar filled Day.

I am an old fart... My friends refer to me as one. You haven't earned that right.

I offered some good advice based on many years of building fast street cars and drag cars. I've been around this stuff since before your car was built. I like to think that I know what I'm doing and only give what I feel is good advice based on my experience. I'm not harassing nor am I trying to keep you from modifying your car.

I'll say this... I could build a car just like yours, spend half the money, do it myself in my driveway and be able to run circles around you.

Now you go right ahead and do what ever you want. I honestly could care less. Just don't ask for advice and then whine and cry about it because you got it and it isn't what you want to hear.

I'm out.

I am an old fart... My friends refer to me as one. You haven't earned that right.

I offered some good advice based on many years of building fast street cars and drag cars. I've been around this stuff since before your car was built. I like to think that I know what I'm doing and only give what I feel is good advice based on my experience. I'm not harassing nor am I trying to keep you from modifying your car.

I'll say this... I could build a car just like yours, spend half the money, do it myself in my driveway and be able to run circles around you.

Now you go right ahead and do what ever you want. I honestly could care less. Just don't ask for advice and then whine and cry about it because you got it and it isn't what you want to hear.

I'm out.
I t wasnt the advice on the manifolds v headers that pissed me of! it is the fact that you judged me as to your thought as I was only adding them to look cool! you have no idea who i am! what i can do! You have no idea as to if you can or cannot run rings around me! You dot know if I am or am not capable to build a car as fast or as cheap as you! looks like your another keyboard warrior that likes to try and accert their so called intelligence up anybodys arse that is prepared to listen! so probably best you keep your lame full of yourself comments to your self. Circles! the only Circles you be running is your mouth!

Thank you for proving my point.
Thanks for acknowleging that I proved that you an Arse! part of overcoming any problem, wether it be addiction or other, is admitting that you have a problem. You are well on you way to making somewhat of a recovery! Well done John!

Back