WANTED Headers that will fit a 68 fury with a 440

Status
Not open for further replies.
For
The title says it all. Can anyone offer this or at least point me in the right direction?

For headers, TTI is generally regarded as the hot setup. However, a lot of us prefer the HP cast iron manifolds.

For
What's the difference performance/sound wise? I want to squeeze as much power as I can. I also have a feeling that the manifolds are much cheaper.

For headers, TTI is generally regarded as the hot setup. However, a lot of us prefer the HP cast iron manifolds.

The HP manifolds flow the same numbers as a set of headers. Plus there is the added benefit of not having to deal with exhaust gaskets periodically blowing out on the headers and snuffling away.

The HP manifolds flow the same numbers as a set of headers. Plus there is the added benefit of not having to deal with exhaust gaskets periodically blowing out on the headers and snuffling away.
Good to know! Also I'm assuming with the manifolds, clearance is not an issue?

had b e body headers on my 65 880 rag , but it was a 383 . going rb so i'm sure they still will . seeking more ponies ? and that sound of the tubes putting tone is very cool . and for the next step is to rejet for them . i put 7 percent more jet and rods in my 383 in my 64 d100 383 from iron hp manifolds to headers . and note a spark plug boot change to ceramic tipped wires . pic of the 383 hp d100 . has some overlap in the cam , headers glow red with heat pulse .

DSC07848.JPG

DSC07849.JPG

I have Hookers on my 68 300 with tti 3 inch pipes and super 40 flowmasters. Didn't even turn on the radio the first 2 months I had that set up on the car. There is no way manifolds will ever make that kind of music.

I have Hedman shorties on one of my cars, you can read about it here:
Forums / Performance Tech / Hedman shorty header review - C-Body DryDock

Been on for 11 years, not a ton of miles, but no reliability issues or gasket issues in that time. NOTE - gaskets must be sized for the standard head port, not the bigger MaxWedge port, because the sealing surface on these headers is a little smaller than those gaskets, so you can get leaks around a large-port gasket. Other wise known as snuffling.:D I used copper gaskets (had to search for awhile to get the brand with the right port size) and they have been trouble free!

I have Hedman shorties on one of my cars, you can read about it here:
Forums / Performance Tech / Hedman shorty header review - C-Body DryDock

Been on for 11 years, not a ton of miles, but no reliability issues or gasket issues in that time. NOTE - gaskets must be sized for the standard head port, not the bigger MaxWedge port, because the sealing surface on these headers is a little smaller than those gaskets, so you can get leaks around a large-port gasket. Other wise known as snuffling.:D I used copper gaskets (had to search for awhile to get the brand with the right port size) and they have been trouble free!

Grabbed a set of hooker super Comp 5113s. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the input!

I just checked, no header snuffling here. Whew.
View attachment 121407
My nose is clear and my headers don't leak and my fuel mileage is up 1.7 mpg over HP manifolds. Wtf do you guys tighten stuff with minimum 36" breaker bar, your not supposed to drive the header flange through the gasket just clamp it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back