Headlight door motor fixer

Sport Fury GT

Reaction score
Looking for a source to rebuild the headlight door motor on my 70 Sport Fury GT. Any references are appreciated,

It's been my experience that the biggest issue with these is the motor bearing on the very bottom gets dirty and needs to be cleaned and reoiled. Pretty simple to do.

Hi All,
So I just became the proud owner of a 70 Fury convertible, but mine is missing the headlight motor completely. Any suggestions on where I could find one?

Hi All,
So I just became the proud owner of a 70 Fury convertible, but mine is missing the headlight motor completely. Any suggestions on where I could find one?
Place an ad in the "Wanted" section.

While I can't tell you for sure just how new, but many of the later 70's cars use the same motor.

you should be able to use 1 from any 69 to 78 c body with hidden headlights.
i put a 1 from a 76 new yorker into a 72 monaco; i think i had to reverse the connectors

obviously the 70 fury converts didnt come with hidden headlights from the factory, so your new car might just have a hidden headlight grille installed without the wiring and relay needed. so better make sure the wiring is done and in place.
ive seen furys that have had hidden headlight grilles stuck in and the owner would just open the grille manually for night driving

you should be able to use 1 from any 69 to 78 c body with hidden headlights.
i put a 1 from a 76 new yorker into a 72 monaco; i think i had to reverse the connectors
Didn't they use the same motor in the later FWD Le Barons? Or am I thinking of the convertible top pumps?

Hi All,
I can't see the car in your avatar picture that well, but it looks like a 1971 grill. If you are not sure what you have, you can post a pic to this thread.

obviously the 70 fury converts didnt come with hidden headlights from the factory, so your new car might just have a hidden headlight grille installed without the wiring and relay needed. so better make sure the wiring is done and in place.
ive seen furys that have had hidden headlight grilles stuck in and the owner would just open the grille manually for night drivingInteresting, never thought about that
Interestingly, the previous owner did have the covers zip-tied open, but there are some vacuum lines for the headlight wipers that appear to be intact. Looks like some snooping is in my future.

PXL_20230107_151633330.jpg

PXL_20230107_164345854.jpg

PXL_20230107_164357673.jpg

your car ( gr8 colour btw) has a 71 grille, so it prob got the grille from a gran coupe which would have had the wiper washers standard.
you will need a lot of specific wiring, vaccumm lines, relays and i think a specific wiper washer switch, and canisters to make them work.
pretty much impossible to do without pulling alot of the car apart, i thought about installing the wiper washers on my 70 300 and 71 fury wagon and decided not to. ( i have headlight wiper washer set ups for a 71 imp and a gran coupe but not wiring looms). i think there also was an indicator light on the dash for the headlight washer too.
theres posts on the site how to install and make a hidden headlight grille work.

Back