Headrest Question

Reaction score
I have been going through the parts manual from mymopar.com but can't find the answer I'm looking for. I figured that someone here would know for sure.
I have a '68 Newport convertible with the bench seat with the fold down center arm rest. My car did not come with headrests but I would like to add them.
Are the frames of the seat backs the same with and without headrests? If so, what additional parts are needed to add the headrests? I have headrests and the escutcheons, I think I will also need some kind of detent spring for the height adjustment, anything else?
If they are different can something be added or fabricated easily? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Mike

I suspect the difference between the seat frames with headrests and those without will be the tubes the headrets go into and include the height adjustment platform. ALL welded to the existing seat lean-back frame. Might scronge the salvage yards for a headrest lean-backs to use for parts or get recovered for your vehicle?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

When I recovered the bench seats in my ‘68 Polara the location holes for the head rests were in there. However I don’t know what extra parts adding the headrests would require.

Back