Heater Control Valve 1964 Newport

jimmyessbee

Reaction score
In my 1964 Newport, the heater control valve has sprung a leak. I've bypassed and removed the old and wishing for a new. Does anybody have a source for these? Or perhaps know of somebody that rebuilds them?

IMG_20221102_202053_102.jpg

Try www.oldairproducts.com, they rebuild your core. Usually runs in the $200 range whcih in my view is on the high side. Napa used to make a rebuild kit, but I do not know if those are still available.

Dave

What's pricing look like? I did talk to Jim Tucker in CA and he sounded like a guy I'd like to do business with, but I haven't yet sent off my valve.
My last one was $85 including return shipping and he fixed the capillary tube as well.

My last one was $85 including return shipping and he fixed the capillary tube as well.
I did reach out. And while I enjoyed my conversation with Jim Tucker, Joe at heatervalves.net says he has a 24 hour turnaround time and I've got evidence that he responds very quickly to email. His prices have gone up, however, and he now charges $90.

Jim Tucker, on the other hand, has at least a three week turnaround time and charges $150.

In my 1964 Newport, the heater control valve has sprung a leak. I've bypassed and removed the old and wishing for a new. Does anybody have a source for these? Or perhaps know of somebody that rebuilds them?

View attachment 565631
Gotta be a shoutout to Joe Hudacek. I mailed the above heater valve to him. USPS said it would arrive on Wednesday last week. I mailed it with a check for $90 in the box. He fixed it and mailed it back. It arrived today and now looks like this. heatervalves.net. And, what's more is that the check didn't even clear yet.

heater valve.jpg

I didn't get this in as soon as I would have liked because an attractive teacher at a nearby school persuaded me to come up with a project to do with the kids. Three high school girls worked together to put the valve in. Once it was installed, all worked as it should with no leaks. They also are in the process of making a video. Once it's done, I'll post it here.

Back