Heater hose location

Red63440

Reaction score
I noticed that on top of the right valve cover there is what appears to be a mounting place for the heaters hoses to sit on. Is that what that location is for or was it for an A/C line. If its for the heaters hoses were they held in place at that location by the aluminum strap?

???

38342400006_large.jpg

Last edited:
The correct part for your heater hoses is a piece of thin sheet metal, shaped like the letter ''U'' with tabs bent on the ends to lock into the slots on the bracket. I couldn't find a picture, but I'm sure someone on here still has that original strap on there car. Maybe they will post a pic.

The correct part for your heater hoses is a piece of thin sheet metal, shaped like the letter ''U'' with tabs bent on the ends to lock into the slots on the bracket. I couldn't find a picture, but I'm sure someone on here still has that original strap on there car. Maybe they will post a pic.

Sounds like a "do it yourself" part...

I have exactly done that with scrap tin and snips. No one knows.
I have even rubber dipped them. Just a tad more classy but anal.
(Sent using Forum Runner)

I think I have some thin aluminum plate around here somewhere....

This has to be it then:

http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/md2230.html

< Sent from my tablet >

Nice Red, you ought to steal the show with all the fine details you are putting into your Monaco

Back