hei distributor (plug and play) conversion

Uncle Salty

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

i need to know what i have to remove?install, as to the factory charging system, regulator, ballast resistor etc I have a 1965 chrysler windsor, canadian version of newport. I have removed the factory 383cui engine and cable shift trans and have replaced it with a 1978 440 cui engine and later make of 727 trans. The manufacturer of this distributor (TSP) states this is a simple 2 wire hookup procedure with the red wire being hooked up to the positive terminal on the coil and the black wire to the negative terminal on the coil. what happens to factory components? help with this issue would be very greatly appreciated, i'm probably overthinking this issue but am stumped for the time being lol

I have this one on my 383 and the thing I did was skip the ballast resistor and use a Accel 8145 ignition coil.

No ball last resistor. My only caution I rad a distributor similar to that and it was nothing but problems. I wound up doing the full msd setup. Yes expensive but but has never run better. Also running the 6al box.

s-l1600.jpg

i need to know what i have to remove?install, as to the factory charging system, regulator, ballast resistor etc I have a 1965 chrysler windsor, canadian version of newport. I have removed the factory 383cui engine and cable shift trans and have replaced it with a 1978 440 cui engine and later make of 727 trans. The manufacturer of this distributor (TSP) states this is a simple 2 wire hookup procedure with the red wire being hooked up to the positive terminal on the coil and the black wire to the negative terminal on the coil. what happens to factory components? help with this issue would be very greatly appreciated, i'm probably overthinking this issue but am stumped for the time being lol

Don't waste your money with that piece of crap, I used to have one of those distributors in my 360 and only gave me headaches, fortunately right now is in the trash can :)

That distributor will give you A LOT of troubles when the electrical supply drops below 11.8 V. I did everything possible to guarantee mine a +12 V supply but the distributor is going to start failing when you least expect

Last edited:
Back