Hello Folks ... another newbie here

tallhair

Rufus T. Firefly
Staff member
Reaction score
I've long loved C bodies and while I don't have any at present I have had a few in the past and will never say never to another in the future. I've been drooling over a few that have been posted over at FCBO's sisters site, FBBO, lately and those I've seen in my CL searches. I recognize a few folks here and feel at home already after reading through some of the threads and general banter.

Looking forward to enjoying your updates, posts, tech posts, pictures (Car ****), acquisitions, etc vicariously. Hell I may even buy one myself if the right car and deal presents itself :)!

I do not have any C bodies presently but I am willing to learn. Will I have to go to a special school or something?
You just entered Harvard, MIT, and Stanford all at once.

WELCOME!!!

Hell I may even buy one myself if the right car and deal presents itself
Have you met Mark?

Welcome to the board, tell us about what you have had in the past

67 Sport Fury, low 60K Mileage, 383 console 2BBL Commando / 727, B5, White vinyl top, white interior. Was 2BBL, swapped to 68 RR 4 BBL intake, 72 up magnum manifolds and duals, 3.23 (from 2.76). Swapped 68 RR with Dad for it ... later swapped back, unfortunately it was wrecked later.

67 300 that I bought from original owner. Total survivor car with original burgandy paint and black leather buddy seat / bucket interior, AM/FM radio, A/C (big deal for a guy driving RR's LOL in Texas at the time). Pass seat laid down and had headrest ... drivers seat did not ? Car had 67K on it. Traded for 70 EV2/White interior 383 Auto Convert (or would still be mine). Wife still tells me I should have kept it and she's right ... but that convert was really awesome man!

First car I ever drove was a red (looked FE5) 68 Fury III with black vinyl top and interior. Column shifted 318. 12 YO.

Next car I drove really made me fall in love with C bodies. 68 New Yorker, Black with turquoise cloth interior, A/C, pwr windows, defrost, etc. Dad later added stainless trim to bottom which was sharp as hell. I had my first dates in this car :).

All of them except the Fury III had road wheels ... it had these actual hubcaps.

View attachment 11661View attachment 11662

Sorry no pics of those cars loaded on my computer. I'll find some of what little I have of them and load if interested.

thanks guys!

Welcome to the c body insane asylum....the inmates are running things here,lol. Nice list of wheels...a true c body lover.

Which C-Body would have your interest in the future?

Must say I love them all but would probably be leaning toward a convert or a really loaded up pre-69 2 door, 300, Imperial, New Yorker, Monaco 500, Sport Fury, etc. Wouldn't turn my nose up at the right deal no matter what it was if it was really nice and good looking. Recently saw a 72 Polar 2dr posted over on FBBO. Lord Alvin was the poster. We begged him for more photos but also told him about this place. Hopefully he has wound up here.

Here is his new ride

attachment.php

... I'd also be a buyer at the right price on something like his car. Reminds me of this one from one of my favorite moves

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'll be teaching us stuff. Impressive list.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Actually they told me to get in them and drive. I drove really good so they told me to keep driving. I know nothing about how they work though. Just kidding LOL. I doubt I'll teach any of you guys anything about C bodies but I do like em A LOT.

I do not have any C bodies presently but I am willing to learn. Will I have to go to a special school or something?

We are developing a Newcomer's Special Indoctrination Course at the Lean Burn Technologies Test Center (location is Top Secret). We'll keep you informed. LOL!!!

We are developing a Newcomer's Special Indoctrination Course at the Lean Burn Technologies Test Center (location is Top Secret). We'll keep you informed. LOL!!!

Is there a bypass test like they gave at the Pull Lean Burn technology and Install Carter AVS and Mopar Electronic Ignition and grab a handful of vacuum block off nipples course I went through via Direct Connection distance learning classes?

Is there a bypass test like they gave at the Pull Lean Burn technology and Install Carter AVS and Mopar Electronic Ignition and grab a handful of vacuum block off nipples course I went through via Direct Connection distance learning classes?

LOL!! That's accurate.

Great! You passed......I'll send the paperwork to the Council. You'll fit in just fine here. LOL!!!

Back