Hello from a longtime ForwardLook fan

big m

Reaction score
Howdy all,
Some folks may know me from other sites, as I have sold used, vintage auto parts for years.

Ever since I was brought home from the hospital in a '57 Plymouth years ago, I have had this strong attraction to the finned cars of the late fifties, early sixties. My current list of keepers includes these-
'56 Belvedere convertible [needing restoration]
'57 Fury [restored daily driver since 2002]
'58 Fury [needs restoration]
'58 Belvedere convertible [needing restoration]
'58 Dodge Custom Sierra wagon [restored driver]
'58 Chrysler 300 D [one of the few Bendix EFI cars produced, needing restoration]
'59 Plymouth airport limousine [needing restoration]
'59 Dodge Custom Royal hardtop [survivor showing some wear and tear]
'59 Desoto Firesweep convertible [needing restoration]
'59 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible [restoration in progress]

I'll post a few photos.
---John Hot Aug. nights '13 021.jpg'57 Fury 001.jpgHoneymoon trip 042.jpgHoneymoon trip 040.jpg'59 Ply airport limo 001.jpg'59 Ply airport limo 003.jpgfins etc. 004.jpgfins etc. 005.jpg

'57 Fury 001.jpg

Hot Aug. nights '13 021.jpg

Honeymoon trip 042.jpg

Honeymoon trip 040.jpg

'59 Ply airport limo 001.jpg

'59 Ply airport limo 003.jpg

fins etc. 004.jpg

fins etc. 005.jpg

Amazing fleet, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome Big M. I've taken your tour many timez. Have car-budz that have contributed to your Grand Babyz higher education, and sent ah few buyers your way. Nice stuff yeah got there....I kinda lean toward the Long Roofz 'n Finz myself, Jer

:welcome: to the group ........and you brought pictures:yaayy:............. NICE, nice set of cars

Hi John,

welcome to the site.
I had a great time at your place last spring. Lots of great FL cars out there with many good project cars that could be saved

Best wishes from germany

Carsten

Very nice collection, i love the red fury, can we see some more pics of the other cars you have? Welcome and hope you have a great time here.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ........... :welcome:
Glad to see you here John. I knew you had some nice cars but the pictures you posted blew me away...... I like that 58 Suburban.

You need to post some pics of your 59 Fury vert project, including what you started with... Folks here would love that.

Will.

While I have bought a lot of parts from you, now I can put a face with a name. I appreciate seeing your cars as well - very very nice!

Steve

Well, since Forward Look cars are more accepted on this site now, I might as well show the three that I have at the request of some who suggested I am holding out. One is a project 1958 Dodge Regal Lancer that is complete and virtually no rust, but needs everything, another is a 1957 Chrysler 300C that I restored (with some help from John at Big M - same images as on the post for the beautiful 1957 Desoto herein), and an original low mileage 1960 Chrysler 300F that is unrestored and was owned by a good friend of mine who bought it new but has since passed away. While I like the Forward Look cars, I also like the later C bodies as well. Chrysler made some of the most daring and beautiful cars ever in my opinion with relatively advanced engineering compared to the others.

58 Dodge Regal Lancer Project.jpg300C #1.jpg300C #2.jpg300C #3.jpg300F #1.jpg300F #2.jpg300F #3.jpg

58 Dodge Regal Lancer Project.jpg

300C #1.jpg

300C #2.jpg

300C #3.jpg

300F #1.jpg

300F #2.jpg

300F #3.jpg

Gorgeous cars......they were always welcomed..nothing has changed except now there is a section

Back