Hello from Germany

boom.operator

Reaction score
Hi there,

i´m Daniel from Germany. I own a 1966 Dodge Monaco for about 2 Years now.
Right now the Engine is pulled due to a broken Piston and a broken piston ring oO

However new Keith Black Pistons and rings are ordered and im confident that its back on the road soon.

Regards,
Daniel

20100504_01.jpg

20100504_05.jpg

20100504_03.jpg

20100504_04.jpg

Welcome! I was stationed in Germany for 15 years with the U.S. Army. Wertheim, Bad Hersfeld, and Augsburg.

:eek:ccasion14:

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

The Monaco has an 383 4bbl engine. However when we pulled the engine we had to realized that its not the original one. :( Its an 1971 Block.

Hehe... im not an crane operator. To be honest, its an misunderstanding on my part. I read it about 15 Yearsn ago, when my english was not so good, on the end titles of an movie. I thought it had something to do with spezial Effects lol. You know, the guy who blow things up. I decided it would be a cool nickname. Years later i recognized what it really means but decided to go through with it :D

I´m from Solingen. Its near Wuppertal, Düsseldorf in the western part of Germany. I never went to the places where you were stationed. I hope you liked it?

Regards,
Daniel

Very nice car, Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice photography btw.

Welcome

Daniel,

Welcome to the group, it's great to see a Detroit classic in Germany. I also loved in Germany for three wonderful years. I was stationed in Wiesbaden from 2004-2007 and loved every minute of it. I hope I can get one more tour under my belt before I retire. Good luck with your engine repairs.:D

I´m from Solingen. Its near Wuppertal, Düsseldorf in the western part of Germany. I never went to the places where you were stationed. I hope you liked it?

Yes Sir, I loved it! Germany is a beautiful country. First time was in 1977 and left the last time in 1992. Wertheim (near Wurzburg) was probably as close to Solingen as I was stationed. Augsburg was my favorite. I loved Southern Bavaria! I was in 1st Battalion, 36th Field Artillery Regiment in Augsburg from 1984-1992, except for the 7 months I was in the Gulf War. I will be back to Germany someday before I get too old.

:icon_super:

Hey, if you guys came back for a visit, maybe we can have an cold german beer together :beerchug:

Yes, you definitely draw attention with such an rare car in Germany.
However, there is quite a large MoPar Scene here also.At the 6. of August the German MoPar Nationals will take place. Last Year there were more than 300 cars. Klick here for some Pics.

Regards,
Daniel

Sounds good :)
Today the pistons, rings and main bearings arrived! Hope to take her for a ride :) soon.

Some news here. It wasn´t that easy. I needed a complete engine overhaul. Some Cylinders were worn and i needed to bore the engine over to +060. Therefore the first pistons i ordered were wrong and the +060 over were not available in Germany for a long time.

But finally the Engine is back together and already back in the car.
Some pics:

block1.jpg

block2.jpg

Regards,
Daniel

Last edited:
Back