Hello from Norway, 1973 chrysler newport

That's interesting Bob. The upper left DoD stickers for the AF bases were all Blue bordered and lettered as opposed to indicating rank/status by color. The long narrow 'base/post/station etc name' sticker was color coded to what you were, red was junior enlisted, gold NCO/enlisted, Blue officer, green civilian etc. There were white ones too but I can't recall what they designated because we haven't used them for a while.

Yes up until a few years ago all (or most) military bases had stickers like that which was basically a vehicle registration for the base. If you didn't have one you had to stop at the gate and get a temporary day pass. So everyone who worked on the base had those stickers on their bumper or windshield depending on the base rules at the location / time. The AF got rid of them several years ago and everyone now stops and has to show an ID upon entering the base. Vehicles owned by the military/government didn't have those, or didn't at bases I was at. They had GOV license plates to designate them as military owned.

Looks like sealift command was still using them recently based on the 12 but the other two stickers look pretty old.

Rules have changed a few years ago and recently changed again. To get on post now, I would only have to show a Military ID and vouch for all my passengers stating that no one is an illegal (like Stan's workers) or a terrorist.

To get into the ATC Test Center at APG, I have another ID Badge and a CAC ID card. Sorry, I can't show you pictures of those items. NO visitors can access or enter the Test Center.....ever.

Thanks Bob I'm with you. I have the same credentials and still work for the military. I was just talking about the stickers. Does your Post/location still use the stickers? I was just out at Ft Detrick in Jan and wasn't paying attention .. but don't recall seeing that many of them.

Thanks Bob I'm with you. I have the same credentials and still work for the military. I was just talking about the stickers. Does your Post/location still use the stickers? I was just out at Ft Detrick in Jan and wasn't paying attention .. but don't recall seeing that many of them.

Yes, active and retired military are required, Govt civilian and contractors too. It's not enforced very much now but I'm hearing that they are going to tighten that up in the near future on Army bases. I don't know what the other branches have planned.

So, i had the car on inspection on wednesday, need to fix some oil leaks and some ball joints.

Flåta på lift.jpg

And while uncle i saway on work, the upcoming generation is borrowing the car :)

Uncles car.jpg

You're a brave man letting those kids drive her. ;)

It is only a car..... And if you want the next generation to appriciate the american mucle you just got to let them ride it! I bought him a `88 Dodge D 150 sweptline with the 318 injection, he is taking all the rust on it now and then i think we will drop a 383 in it!!

I love the purple....never saw a C that wore purple well, this one does

I am very happy with the colour, i think if it had been some "boring" standard one i would not have bought it, i am more of a mucle car man, but this did it and with the ridicoulus prices these days on mopar mucle, why not make this a street machine :-D

The early 70s Imperial deep plum would be a good choice as well.

Looking really good, I love it!

Back