FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thought you might enjoy these
183CFA30-2409-4F6F-9EE0-C89C3AF78163.jpeg
46BC43DC-8DCF-4CF9-BB8E-9E50E1E69225.jpeg
23C50F0C-7F7C-477D-BA6A-10423A8D697C.jpeg
E34B554F-1758-4138-908B-69B0B49074F3.jpeg
B0D4BA61-00A5-4907-A12B-0CC81A2A51EA.jpeg

CS23T3C240862 looks great with the new WW tires. @73Coupe will be delighted that you went that way (Edit: so am I!).

I think this is the first time I've seen the car's engine bay since you bought it. Could you tell us more? @sixpkrt @71Polara383 @73Coupe

Last edited:
I wanted to simplify the engine bay.
The AC did not work, so it was removed, boxed and stored.
The engine overheated the first week I had the car so we overhauled the cooling system. The radiator was re cored. It was upgraded from a 2 row to a 3 row. New water pump, thermostat, fan clutch and hoses were also installed.
I had an Edelbrock intake and Holley 750 carburetor installed. I chose to upgrade the steering and had a Borgeson gear box and pump installed along with all new belts. The difference in the steering is night and day!
New Mopar valve covers and breather. And finally a new battery. That’s it for the engine bay.

Did you keep the Thermoquad? Need a place to unload it? Did the floor mat come with the car? I need one.

I decided to keep all the original parts including the Thermoquad, sorry. Yes the floor mats came with the car.

Thank you. I like a little bit of everything. This will be the only “toy” I’ll ever be able to afford though.

Had to ask. I've been a darksider for years in the pontiac arena. That's the only place I've heard the big cars and their followers called darksiders. Just curious! Thanks.

Very cool New Yorker. Get in touch w/ ayilar about the upcoming CATL in Sept. Would be cool to include your car in the upcoming FCBO 2023 car calendar. More High-def photos please.

Thank you. The skirts are hanging on my garage wall. The previous owner didn’t have the hardware for them.

Sorry, I haven't invested a lot of time in finding them yet. It is definitely on my to do list. I would like to have the option of having them on the car by Volo next year. If you currently have skirts on Buttercup I would like to take a look at them Saturday.

Sounds good. Meanwhile, here are pics of Buttercup before/after.

1663173990386.png

IMHO, the skirts finish the look:

1663173862970.png

I agree, but I also enjoy how much of a difference in appearance skirts, rims, hub caps and tires can make on these cars. Have you personally ever run one of theses C Bodies with just the OE flat black rims? I'm sure that would outrage some people but its something I'm considering trying for a week or two.

She looks tough enough to me. Did the vertical stripe come with the car or did you add that?

Back