HELP 1966 sport fury factory front disc brake parts

cjwhite28

Reaction score
Customers car
1966 sport fury 440 727

What other listing can i find front disc brake pads and rotors under if anything?

Anything looked up comes up drum brakes only

Pads: Rock Auto has them in the Centric brand.
Rotors: Google a company named Dura Brake, in California.

This is a factory disc brake car i dont need a disc to drum conversion i am looking for replacement rotors and pads but it seems they are hard to find

In post #4 i replied that the Centric company has pads for the C body, BUDD disc brake cars.
I might be in error with that reply, but not sure.

If you can't find replacement pads, just send out the old ones to be "re padded"
There are many companies throughout the USA that can perform that service.
I used to send out stuff to a brake company in San Diego, when i was wrenching full time, and also for personal projects.

GOOGLE is your friend.

Pads: Rock Auto has them in the Centric brand
RA also has the loaded calipers.

Your best solution is to swap the Budd disc brake spindles to 69-72 disc brake spindles and use those rotors and callipers. You might have to change the lower ball joint, too. I'm not sure.
If you can find 73 spindles, you can use 73-78 rotors and callipers.
You can't use 74+ spindles.

Is the customer going to drive the car or park it in a garage.
Drive: ditch the budds and rotors. switch to something serviceable.
Park in garage replace worn parts with overpriced crap from all over the earth and renew AAA membership with extended towing.

Mounting locations, geometry, etc. You're asking a ridiculous question. Why won't a 68 Mercury spindle bolt on. Cuz it can't.

Why is my question so ridiculous?
If i don't know what the differences are, that's why i put the question out there.
If your so smart, and the know it all, why don't you list exactly what the differences are than just a generic geometry, etc. answer.

Lower ball joint is completely different. Early has the.steering arm and ball joint together like a,b,e. Later the ball joint is just the joint like a GM product I think you would need the Lower control arm but I'm not sure it would fit. That is the best I can help you with as I have never had both side by side.

Why is my question so ridiculous?
If i don't know what the differences are, that's why i put the question out there.
If your so smart, and the know it all, why don't you list exactly what the differences are than just a generic geometry, etc. answer.
What will that accomplish. Nothing. I'm smart enough to know a 2015 Ford Taurus fender can't be made to fit a 59 Edsel without even touching it. Then you ask why the Ford fender can't be used on an Edsel. You come here for help knowing nothing and then argue over the help you're given. We've given you facts, reasons, sources, and literally step by step instructions on what to do. AFAIAC, you're on your own from this point.

Case in point, don't know about you, but taking a grinding wheel to front suspension parts scares the crap out of me....

"To obtain full turning radius, you'll have to spend some time with the grinder. Grind as needed, checking all the time where contact is being made with the stop at end of the strut bar. Yes, it would be a LOT easier to grind the stop off the end of the strut bar ! But I didn't want to do that, as I didn't want to "butcher" or modify any of the car's components, at all."

image.jpg

Back