HELP! Can't find this little part.

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have run into a small problem in finishing up my brakes. I desperately need the frame bracket that the front brake hose of a drum brake car hooks to. The passenger side one is missing on my car. It has a 12 point hole that the hose hex keys into so it can't turn. I am not even sure what the proper name for this thing is. Please let me know if you have one...many thanks!!!

frame tab 001.jpg

frame tab 002.jpg

frame tab 003.jpg

frame tab 004.jpg

Specifically what year make and model are we talking about here? Many of those were welded to the stub frame rails and not bolted. Give Murray Park ah bump at: [email protected] fill in the blankz and have him send you good used one. If Mindy answerz don't be afraid to talk to her and try to be polite. She knowz az much az he doez and maybe more. lol

I checked my parts book, and I believe its listed as 'Front Brake Hose Bracket Part No. 2467 899 '
The book shows both sides are the same for '68 but try holding it up to the other side to be sure. The brackets for '69 are listed with separate part numbers for left and right. It also wouldn't hurt to ask at a good quality auto parts store if the hose bracket is available.

Parts stores generally don't carry non-wear items. At least the ones I worked for didn't.

I agree. I would be amazed if that was ever available from any source other than Chrysler. Somebody here will have a parts car that can hook you up with one. If you're going to Carlisle there will be vendors there that have tons of that little **** used, you just have to root through it to find what you need, and if it was more than 5 bucks I would be shocked.

Thanks guys. I wish I could go to Carlisle. The parts book I have doesn't even show this bracket separately. I talked to CBodyBob last night and he is checking for me.

We may be good. Looks darn close
It's strange....the parts book shows the steel tubes looping and connecting from the top side, yet your car is opposite. My car was also backwards and my new hoses were too short that way. If the hoses come up from the bottom, they fit correctly.

I've got some as well if the offers above fall through...

They are also easy enough to fab up if nothing else.

Bracket

Ok got them both off. This is the passenger side. If this looks good let me know. Also I have a blast cabinet & can clean it up & paint it black for $10.00 if you need that done.

image.jpg

Thanks to all for your help and thanks Bob for finding that bracket!

I thought a picture of the bracket installed correctly with the hose locked in place would be useful.

002.jpg

Yes, but...a '69 disc brake setup is very different from a '68 drum brake setup. Hose from bottom is what the FSM shows for my car.

Back