Help chosing new Firm Feel torsion bars.

Catfish

Reaction score
Guys (and possibly gals), I am getting ready to gather up everything for a front end rebuild. I think I have all the Moog part numbers I need to do all the front end rubber, joints, tie rods, etc. Now I just need to select which torsion bars. I want the car to ride more like a modern day car. The rear will get new 7 leaf sets with a inch over stock arch (leaning that way anyways). For the front, I am trying to decide which bars to run. Thinking about going WR220/1.12 diameter bars. These are 2 levels above stock and labeled by Firm Feel as HD Street. Or should I drop down to the WR185/Police? Again, I am looking for a little more firm/modern day ride. Looking to get rid of the floating feeling. I tried searching this and didn't come up with much. Anyone running these bars?

Can a mod please change the title of this from sway bars to torsion bars? I have the whole suspension on my mind. LOL

Last edited:
But that's just me....

HaHa, true.... Hopefully I can find someone that has run the larger bars and hear from them too. I will call firm feel and see if I can talk to someone that actually knows and can tell me what I need to know based on my expectations.

Thanks for your replies, very helpful. Just want to make the right decision the first time so I don't end up spending more money down the road.

If you want the ride and handling of a newer car dont get the one inch over stock height springs. It'll give the car a slight stance. Its the best look in my opinion but the *** will swing a little compared to sitting level when going through curves and corners.

If you want the ride and handling of a newer car dont get the one inch over stock height springs. It'll give the car a slight stance. Its the best look in my opinion but the *** will swing a little compared to sitting level when going through curves and corners.
It's not the best look & why on earth would you put up with terrible handling when you can fix it instantly by correcting the ride height?

Because a C body doesnt need to corner like a rocket sled on rails. You see the height of my cars in the other threads, the ride is good and the look is better, I dont need it to corner. I have said it before, they are like fat chicks, built for comfort, not speed.

Well, then it's a matter of public safety. You should be forced to lower your car.

No, a higher car makes you drive with more caution a lower car you drive with aggression.

I dont believe that for one second

Now I am not going to try kidding you or myself....or anyone else for that matter.....looks are important to me. That's why I wanted the one inch over. I wonder how much my stock springs have actually settled? Is there an online resource that has any fender well or bumper heights for the rear of my car? Perhaps just the stock arch will be fine. Ugh, so many things to decide on. The first thing I did when I bought this car was meet the car hauler at the edge of town and take delivery. I drove right to gas station because the car was empty. Filled her up and drove to the local watering hole. My wife was there in a dart tournament or something along those lines. Anyway, I pull up to the curb and get out. As I am locking the door, three kids on bicycles stop about 25 yards away and I hear one kid say, "whoa! Look at the low rider!" I stuck the key back into the lock cylinder and drove home and straight into the garage. Two hours later I had the whole rear axle assembly out from under the car and the lowering blocks set aside. I started preping the rear for paint since it was out, and that's where the snowball started.

This what she looked like when she arrived...

In the garage...

Now I don't dislike the lower look near as much as that day, but I don't think I am going to back that direction.

I despise the lower look most of the time. Yours is definitely low. I like the aggressive stance of a 1" over stock height but your front end needs to come up too

Personal taste...... I like em low. I also like a modern vibe, not everyone does.

Car looked bad *** red & low.

Oh yeah, thats right. Someone else getting a car done in front of me.... I like it

Personal taste...... I like em low. I also like a modern vibe, not everyone does.

Car looked bad *** red & low.

yes, personal taste. I would never knock anyone for how the build their car. And like I admitted earlier, the look isn't so bad to me as it used to be. Most of my friends think the car set perfect in the red pictures. The red paint was horrible, not the color, the work. It was a cheapo resale red and there was overspray on everything.

Back