Help from fellow members in the CA. bay area.

traintech55

Reaction score
Don't it always seem to go that you can plan for most things, but then you will get one hell of a curve thrown at you. As most of the members know I am in the San Jose area, and have started having problems with my car, looks like a brake hose has gone bad, and the right front is overheating and warped the rotor, (not a fun thing going through the mountains). Does anyone know of a good repair shop in the area so I can get this fixed?

If no one can recommend a shop I suggest calling the local AAP or AZ and ask to talk to the Commercial Manager. Explain your situation and ask him to recommend the best shop for the job. These guys want to help customers and help their commercial customers too.

I have a good friend on the B-body forum named Dennis that lives in San Jose, Bill. Lemme PM him over there. Ill get back to ya asap.

I would check and possibly replace the rotor, caliper, wheel seal depending on hot that rotor got. Wheel bearings might need to be cleaned and repacked too. If that brake hose collapsed I would probably replace the other side hose too while you have it apart.

I would check and possibly replace the rotor, caliper, wheel seal depending on hot that rotor got. Wheel bearings might need to be cleaned and repacked too. If that brake hose collapsed I would probably replace the other side hose too while you have it apart.
My biggest problem is since this is a newer car, I did not bring any tools with me.

My biggest problem is since this is a newer car, I did not bring any tools with me.

It shouldn't cost much for a shop to inspect and replace the front hoses and bleed it. Hopefully that will be all that it needs.

If I were closer, I'd lend a hand. If you have problems in the Reno area, holler up!

@traintech55

Here ya go, Bill

Valaya Racing in San Jose. Behind Sharks Arena downtown. 447 W St John St. 87 freeway near the Julian or Santa Clara Street exit. Talk to Ted {owner} or Ed. Tell him I {Dennis} sent him.

408 297-1990

D says they work on any and everything. He takes his new Challenger and his wife's 06 Charger there for service

Late to see this but...
Here are three reputable shops in the area by my office.

Campbell Auto Repair
28 E Rincon Ave (at Winchester)
They are usually busy and close at 4:00 today. They can turn rotors.
There's also a Firestone Center across the street that might be open on Saturday. That shop is "not too bad" for a chain type place. I'm having new tires put on my NY there Monday.

Scotty's Automotive
3303 Winchester Blvd
Campbell

PRO alignment and Brake (closed today, back open Monday)
2875 Winchester Blvd
Campbell

Give me a call if you need to borrow any tools, glad to help. PM me.
For parts, Winchester Auto.
(of course, in Campbell, on Winchester Blvd!)

Les Schwab

260 El Camino Real San Carlos, CA, 94070
  • (650) 551-1091
Just up the freeway from San Jose. Really good customer service. I’ve been with them for 40 years. Wish they were here in the Phoenix area

Thank you all for your help. I went with the guys at Valaya Racing and they took real good care of me. Ted the owner was very helpful, and for all he had to do, worked with me and got me back on the road.
Here is a rundown on everything that went wrong, The rear parking brake cables froze and did not let the rear calipers release, driving the car 2400 miles really did some damage. It was so bad everytime I applied the brakes, it would set off the traction control light. It also caused the cam sensor to become out of sync with the crank sensor and give me a "Check engine light". Ted let me purchase my own parts so in case they went bad back home, I can warranty them. He only charged me two hours labor to replace the cables, calipers, rotors, and pads on both sides. He is a really good stand up guy. He also gave me the procedure to re sync the cam and crank sensors and save some money.
I highly recommend him to you guys if you need help in the future. He could have stuck it to me, but he took care of me.

Thank you all for your help. I went with the guys at Valaya Racing and they took real good care of me. Ted the owner was very helpful, and for all he had to do, worked with me and got me back on the road.
Here is a rundown on everything that went wrong, The rear parking brake cables froze and did not let the rear calipers release, driving the car 2400 miles really did some damage. It was so bad everytime I applied the brakes, it would set off the traction control light. It also caused the cam sensor to become out of sync with the crank sensor and give me a "Check engine light". Ted let me purchase my own parts so in case they went bad back home, I can warranty them. He only charged me two hours labor to replace the cables, calipers, rotors, and pads on both sides. He is a really good stand up guy. He also gave me the procedure to re sync the cam and crank sensors and save some money.
I highly recommend him to you guys if you need help in the future. He could have stuck it to me, but he took care of me.

Sweet! Im so glad to hear it, Bill!

Soooooo now that you're back on track...what's da word??? :poke:

Back