Help Help Helpity HELP!!!

Golden Banana

Reaction score
My 71 horns aren't working........this is where I'm at!
they do work if I poke a live at them inside of the fire wall at the 'dark green and red wire' no.20 on the junction
Where does the dk grn/rd wire go to from the inside of the fire wall???
obviously it has to get to the steering wheel and join in with the blck wires that feed the horn pushes????

Have downloaded the wiring diagram but it does not help, cant see a horn relay anywhere??

grrrrrrrrrr!!!!.....hair pulling time!!! :BangHead:

join in with the blck wires that feed the horn pushes????

H
orn pushes ...? You've been talking to Ross, it seems.
The black wire from the "pushes" is the ground wire and exits the column at the turn signal switch connector.

O......K.......so where does the dark green and red go to? can anyone draw me a diagram a simple one that an amoeba (that's me) could grasp?
cause im loosing the plot trying to figure out where the power source starts, where in the line the horn push is to connect the circuit?? as I know that the horns earth through the body at the horns themselves or be it at a ground point near them. cheers for your help guys

Did you do any interior work? The column needs to be grounded. I had this on my 74 and it was because I forgot to properly reattach the ground wire for the column.

Ironwolf, Mr. C, .......I haven't done anything inside yet apart from sit in and grin a lot!! but I will check the earth on the column.....tomorrow!!
been banging away a theexterior all day and I'm beat!!.....got a belly full of wine and pizza.......warm bed and a lady in it! so i'll check in tomorrow and
let you know what I find - many thanks GB

Well i didn't realise the relay for the horn pushes into the top of the fuse box.......cause mine is missing!! doh! I'm used to external relay units!
well I know what I need now and where it goes
so between the relay and the ground possibility I should be on it it no time - thanks all!

join in with the blck wires that feed the horn pushes????

H
orn pushes ...? You've been talking to Ross, it seems.
The black wire from the "pushes" is the ground wire and exits the column at the turn signal switch connector.

Hey, how did I get thrown under the bus? WTF? :naka:

corey.jpg

Popped the relay from an old fusebox and.........paaaaaaarp!! got horn!!:yaayy:what a beautiful sound!! cheers chaps!!

Speaking of horns I like to find someone playing on their phone driving down the road get up behind them and blast the air horns to see if I can get them to drop their phone, pretty funny when it works, of course someday they will just slam on the brakes and I will probably hit them but fun while its lasting. Sorry in advance if I ever get/got you but you shouldn't be texting and driving.

Back