Help looking at a car in Vermont?

Yeahrightgreer

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone in the VT, NH region could check out a car.
A ‘61 Imperial. Not a C body I know but close enough eh?

It’s located in Maidstone, VT. About 40 minutes from the Canadian border and about 25 minutes from Colebrook, NH.

I want to ship the car home to Connecticut but I’m currently living in North Africa so it’d be sight unseen.

I’d like to get solid eyes on the car and lots of pictures taken, as the owner seems like the “If you want it come look at it” type. Looks like a rust free car for a solid price so dont want the chance it to slip away.

For anyone in the area I’d be happy to pay for your gas, food and your time. Hopefully someone who is very familiar with these Foward Look cars? As this would be my first one. Thank you.

D98737D3-38BF-41F7-A33C-4850A9C7F5B0.jpeg

B2FCB483-2319-49F1-965A-D708130C5320.jpeg

Last edited:
Come on guys, gotta be someone close to help a Fellow Service Member out!

Stay safe Marine. :usflag:

Last edited:
Come in guys, gotta be someone close to help a Fellow Service Member out!

Stay safe Marine. :usflag:

Thanks brother!

Car is pretty far out in the boonies of VT so might be hard finding someone. First thing I thought was asking the forum as everyone here is like family.

Being out of the states is killing me! All I do everyday is stare at Mopars on Instagram, the forums or Craigslist’s. Knew I couldn’t go long without trying to buy one!

Thanks brother!

Car is pretty far out in the boonies of VT so might be hard finding someone. First thing I thought was asking the forum as everyone here is like family.

Being out of the states is killing me! All I do everyday is stare at Mopars on Instagram, the forums or Craigslist’s. Knew I couldn’t go long without trying to buy one!
I hear ya, I did 20 years in the Navy, retiring in 2004. When I was in, computers for personal use we’re just starting to come of age. Prior to that all we had were are favorite car and truck magazines to stare at. Hopefully somebody on here can help. The car looks nice and I’m certain it will be in good hands with you.

Semper Fi

Hey Greer, great to have ya back!! Hope all is well with you.

Regarding the Imperial maybe Dan or @BigCah on here can help ya out. He has a place in New Hampshire as well as Connecticut, but he is in New Hampshire most of the time from what he tells me. Not sure how far he is from where the car is or IF he even wants to travel to look at it though

That's a great looking Imperial! Best of luck with this endeavor, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Glad to be back. Caught the Mopar bug once again and thinking I need another C-Body/Forward look in my life! Nice to see you all.

Hey Greer, great to have ya back!! Hope all is well with you.

Regarding the Imperial maybe Dan or @BigCah on here can help ya out. He has a place in New Hampshire as well as Connecticut, but he is in New Hampshire most of the time from what he tells me. Not sure how far he is from where the car is or IF he even wants to travel to look at it though

Found a member on the B Body site (I know traitorous) in Salisbury, Vermont going to look at it on Friday. Will keep you all updated… I’ve wanted a 61 Imperial for a long time now . Hopefully it’s not too good to be true

So just an update if any of y’all are interested. The member from the B Body forums looked at her. She’s was in much better shape then I expected. Motor runs but needs a carb rebuild. There is a 5” x 5” spot on the passenger door I’d have to repair. The car needs to be stripped and reassessed as surface rust is starting to lightly peak out everywhere. The interior looks and smells good. Definitely taken care of. Dashboard looks new. All glass is good. Chrome around car “looks new”. Trunk and floor pans all has no Swiss cheese or holes. Just the usual oil covered and surface rust.

Seriously thinking of picking her up but I’m not too into Forward looks so don’t even know what a 61 4 Door is worth. They don’t pop up too much for sale.

He’s asking $8,000 firm.

AC555E20-E945-4DDB-8D47-A82E5E912391.jpeg

D4D384BC-692E-4BC8-A623-675D521087B3.jpeg

665C11FA-41A2-4DB6-877E-62FEA02BF6BF.jpeg

1C2E68D9-8597-49F6-90A6-39F50CFCAEE0.jpeg

78E9E019-F38B-4083-8A15-A72D8ADB7485.jpeg

1F59F99A-FAF9-42C5-BA99-1610148DB7C1.jpeg

34742A69-749D-4EE4-B05D-42BC1DE81FF7.jpeg

ECC9A193-ADE7-4765-89CB-C9B5B296A150.jpeg

9F8F4B06-AC4B-4592-8D3B-FBF5AF6BE263.jpeg

I like it. 8K seems a little on the high side but not bad if you really want it.... A little rust showing will mean a lot more you can't see. Gotta be careful with a rust belt car.

Might want to re-think the purchase being at 8G's.....
Base Crown with standard interior.. Does have A/C that
is an option. As bluefury361 pointed out a little rust showing
means there is more not showing and from the pics provided
this is very true.. There is a lot of rust hiding and in seams..
If it was a LeBaron I could almost justify the 8G's, but it is not...
Personally, at 4G's you would have to really want it.....

If I was in your shoes I'd look for a vehicle out west...the rust is ready to explode outta the seams on this one.
I'd wager if he's firm at $8,000, it's going to be around long enough for you to negotiate in person after you return from your deployment.

Last edited:
Thank you all. The vehicle allegedly came from Montana a few years ago.
Not a rust belt car but still not the driest state to choose from. Obviously once the paint comes off I think there will be small areas to need to check, especially maybe behind fenders etc.

I’ll have to pay attention to the forward look market a bit more. Looking for a Lebaron 2 or 4 door in driver condition.

Thanks lots! Gotta protect a young 23 year old who don’t know much!

Last edited:
Back