Help me spend some $$

What happened to your dual snorkel? It's missing the vacuum actuators and the ASAC valve.

What happened to your dual snorkel? It's missing the vacuum actuators and the ASAC valve.

I bought it without the vacum actuaters. Was gonna rob them from the air cleaner on the car, and the air cleaner that came with the motor... Took the rest off to restore/paint it. Had a bunch of overspray from previous owners on the parts, so Ill rob them from the other air cleaner as well.

Idk I might send it out to be "prefessional" restored, as my paint has some orange peal, and theres still some minor dents here and there..

Don't worry about a little orange peel...they came that way from the factory.

Engine funds have been put on hold for the month.. Looking at taking a trip back home to visit the folks for a family reunion/party deal first week of September. If all goes through, gonna try and pay a visit to Matt if possible. Look forward to that!

The cars been getting under my skin lately! She had a tranny leak after I had it rebuilt a couple years ago. Took her to a show out of state, and ended up at a small mom, and pop repair place. Didn't have the $$ to have em fix it properly, so they poured some lucas tranny repair in, and that seemed to stop it. Once back home the mechanic kept telling me it was just over flowing out of the vent.. So he never bothered with it. Regardless it wasnt leaking anymore, and didnt for the last 2 years.. Well now its back. Leaking everywhere! The lucas stuff aint working now!! lol The whole *** of the car is covered in fluid after a long drive :sad:..

The starter is going out, front passenger brake is sticking, front suspension seams really loose lately, exhaust leak/rust out.. uhg. Don't want to really fix any of it with all the new stuff going in with the big block.. But would still like to drive, and enjoy it. Can't win!

Alright I'm done :soapbox:

Did have a question though. Will the throttle bracket for the big block (coming out of a '73 fusie) work in a formal? Or do I need to get a bracket for a formal? Also will the small block 727 tranny linkages (currently in car) work with the big block, and 727 going in?? Will the big block hook right up?

Sorry to hear about your cars acting up.

The right front brake sticking is probably the brake hose collapsing internally. I would replace the brake hose immediately.

I'm not sure what your asking about the linkage....here'a picture of my BB Formal linkage.

DSC01191.jpgDSC01192.jpgDSC01738.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01738.jpg

.here'a picture of my BB Formal linkage.

[iurl="http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=15358&d=1341791518&d=1341791518"]
attachment.php
[/iurl]
Bob, I am so embarassed for you. FIX THAT CABLE CONNECTION.

Posted via Topify using Android

Would very much look forward to a visit Zack. Hopefully the weather will be nice and my rear main will definitely be fixed by then for sure! Do some cruising or just have a couple pops at the shop. Keep in touch.

Took a break from the bodywork on the car. The new rocker arms came in, and decided to get the motor back together.

The rocker assemblies went great, then came the intake.. Tried to use the valley pan, and all 4 gaskets supplied with it. Everything looked good before bolting up. Once the intake was on, and bolts in, it went south. Had one of the bolts strip out in the head, and DID NOT want to come out. Everytime I turned it it was pushing little metal fragments into the engine! Sum *****!

After an hour finally got it out. I was talking with Stan about it over PM's. Luckily I think the threads in the head will be fine. It boogered up the first couple, but the rest further down look fine. I took a clean bolt with a stack of washers to act as the intake, and torqued it down to factory spec of 50ft ibs, and seemed fine.

After that removed the rocker assemblies, pushrods, and lifter done the night before, and cleaned all the metal out of the engine. Think I'm alright, got my fingers crossed!! Everythings back together now. Should have a package from Summit showing up today with new ARP intake bolts, valley pan, and a few other things. I think I'm gonna have to go with just the valley pan, and some sealer around the ports.

Well there went that chance... Had the girlfriend helping me and she dropped one of the small rail bolts right down the distributor hole.

Now everything has to come back apart. :BangHead: :argue: :crybaby2:

Stan, your not alone.

Summit has gotta be loving me right now. Another $46 in gaskets. FML

Sorry about your luck. How can you really be mad if your girl is helping you rebuild the engine. I would still keep her.

Engine looks great, love seeing all the new shining metal.

Now everything has to come back apart.
BangHead.gif
argue.gif
crybaby2.gif

What a rewarding and relaxing hobby, eh? :D
Usually, if you go with a valley pan and 4 gaskets, you should use an .045 head gasket.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Finally got the bolt out! New gaskets installed, as well as the intake.

Ended up going with the MP spray paint for the $$, and ease of the job. Sprayed the timing cover, and backside of the water pump housing, before installing the new water pump, and thermostat. Hope to clean everything good tomarrow one more time, before laying down the paint.

Looks really nice Zach. I just went through you whole thread and really enjoyed it, especially the Hillbilly bench grinder hehehehe.

And if your gal drops anymore bolts down the engine just hold everything real still, get a magnet on a stick and stick it down the hole .. they sell those at all the box stores. I have one handy every time I work on stuff, primarily so I don't have to bend over, get on my knees, and or or crawl under car as much. I still do but not as much LOL. I also have one with a 'pincher' at the end but the magnet is really handy.

20130725_113856_zps75c03599.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really nice Zach. I just went through you whole thread and really enjoyed it, especially the Hillbilly bench grinder hehehehe.

And if your gal drops anymore bolts down the engine...

Thanks!

No more worries on the bolts.. I'm hiring some new help!

695c22ac157154866eff1293003ff03a.jpg

:eek:s_dancing2: Paint is on! Spent the afternoon doing one last clean up, and prep for paint. Went over it with a can of engine degreaser, then wiped her down with some lacquer thinner. I was a bit unsure of the paint at first, as it seemed pretty flat. But the gloss really seems to be coming out as she dries! Gonna wait a few days for it to dry, before removing the masking tape, valve covers, and such..

Just wish the car was ready for her! Forgot how massive it really is, once all the parts were back on!

The shumacher conversion kit showed up yesterday. Looks like a very nice kit! Everything needed right in the box.

Back