Help me value a '65 Fury III

69SSNewport

Reaction score
Found a 2 door hardtop Fury III w/318 sitting a guy's field. It's rough looking but has good glass, straight body, and minimal cancer. A few pieces of trim missing. Wanted $700. The least he'd take is $500. Of course, the old guy thinks it's worth more than that.

Opinions? This would be my young son's first car and project.

Father & son project....:yourock:
If the body is solid and the motor turns over $700 for a 2dr project car is reasonable. My .02

If minimal rust, you must be on the desert side of the state. Lift the carpet and check the floorboards, since usually the first place to rust thru. Not sure replacement metal is even available for C-body. Also, look over the metal behind the wheels and the bottom of the doors, testing for Bondo with a magnet or screwdriver. If the metal is sound, $700 sounds reasonable. The price depends on how many desireable options it has like AC, center console, power brakes & steering, 11" drums, etc, and how those match your plans.

In the A-body world, people crave 2-dr, 4-sp manual, disk brakes, 8-3/4 rear, big-block, dual exhaust, and manual steering. Those might command $20K in an unfinished car, whereas a base 4-dr slant six Dart w/ 9" drums might sell for $400. I don't know if C-bodies have such checklists, though I understand that "cop car" options are desired.

Buy it, there is some replacement floor an boot panels on ebay, they arn't the greatest fit but they are generally in the range of fitting if you know what I mean, I got some for my 65 Sport fury. They took a wee bit of massageing to make them work as they makers pretty much just state that they are general C body parts not year specific,

Here is a link to my resto thread on our New Zealand forum, Have a scan through until you find the pics of the passenger floor and boot
http://www.nzmoparforum.co.nz/index.php?topic=5606.0

While how much would you value a 67 hard top fury III 63k orignal miles numbers matching? Anybody?

While how much would you value a 67 hard top fury III 63k orignal miles numbers matching? Anybody?

Impossible to say without more info accross the board. Options? Condition?

Impossible to say without more info accross the board. Options? Condition?

Pictures showing the condition of the car. Exterior, interior, engine bay, under carriage, etc., will help to determine condition and value.

Father & son project....:yourock:
If the body is solid and the motor turns over $700 for a 2dr project car is reasonable. My .02
I'm sorry, Fred. Gotta disagree with you on this one.
Project car? Di$a$ter in the making.
Parts car? Decent deal.

Back