Help: Need Power Steering Pump for 1965 Monaco w/413

65 Monaco

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to pick up a power steering pump for my 1965 Dodge Monaco w/a 413 4bbl. I'm having trouble finding anything that would work, original OEM or even a place that can rebuild it. I know some parts can fit multiple vehicles or multiple years. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one or what other C body cars are compatible? Thanks in advance.

1965 Monaco Riverfront Cruise 02.jpg

A picture of your current pump (if it has one) will be a good place to start. I'm not sure on this motor, but there are a handful of different pump manufacturers on the C bodies.
Saginaw, Federal and TRW....

Great looking car though!

Does it have the crapo pump bracket with the rubber bumper between the brackets? If so I would consider replacing it too. I replaced with a better designed bracket. No more pump shaking or vibration. The pump is easy to take apart and reseal if it is leaking.

Does it have the crapo pump bracket with the rubber bumper between the brackets? If so I would consider replacing it too. I replaced with a better designed bracket. No more pump shaking or vibration. The pump is easy to take apart and reseal if it is leaking.
Sounds like the TRW pump setup.

Which bracket did you change it out to?

The reproduction bracket they make for TRW pumps. Says for non A/C but bolted right on. Car is a 68 300. Hoffmans winners circle is one place that has them.

i had a one of those brackets, didn't even fit my ps pump even after i wallered out the mounting holes...

I had to use a rat tail file on some of the holes but after that it fit and works great.

Back