Help needed at Carlisle on Wednesday 7/7 & Saturday 7/10. Getting old Sucks!

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Reality has sunk in after some doctor's visits this week.

I need some help setting up one swap meet space. I need help setting up two 10' x 15' pop-up tents, a small pop-up tent, tables and unloading my pickup at least twice (I will need to get a second load of parts out of my camper at a nearby campground) on Wednesday and help packing things up Saturday afternoon. I am not bringing a lot of heavy stuff.

I'm willing to pay for help so if you or your teenager wants to earn some cash send me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers.

I have had a very bad back for decades with, to use common terms, multiple pancaked discs. To make matters worse, my wife and I were rear-ended on May 28th in my BRAND NEW Ram 2500 4x4 with only 1,044 miles on it. The accident aggravated my back. Thankfully we were in this truck and the hitch assembly was still in the hitch or we would be in worse shape. The impact bent the hitch, pushing the actual hitch into the spare tire under the bed and bent the hitch pin as well. I am hoping that the truck will be ready for Carlisle. So far the repair cost is climbing over $6,000.

On top of having back issues, I have an injury to my left big toe that has given me problems on and off for 2 years. Since I am a type II diabetic, this is a potentially serious issue and I am under doctor's orders to stay off my feet. Therefore, I need to hire some help for set up and take down. Please PM me if you, your kid(s) or someone you know can help me out.

I really do need to attend Carlisle and sell parts as I have accumulated far to many parts and need the cash to fund some restoration projects so not vending really isn't an option for me.

For those interested in photos of my truck and more info, the accident took place in Fairfax County, VA as I was on my way to see my son's new house. While the truck doesn't look that bad, see the last photo to see how far my trailer hitch sticks out. The van's front bumper went under the hitch and the hitch went through the van's radiator and into the fan etc. My truck and the van were locked together. I tried putting the truck in 4WD Low but I just dragged the van down the highway. They had to put my truck up on a flatbed at an angle to get the my truck's hitch out of the van. The hitch pin was jammed by the weight of the van and the hitch pin was bent so removing the hitch from the receiver was not an option.

BTW, to find a truck equipped the way I wanted I had to buy it from Waldorf Dodge Ram in Waldorf Maryland and they drove it to my house near Charlotte North Carolina so I didn't even put all of the 1,044 miles on the truck. I recommend the folks at Waldorf Dodge/Ram.

Truck IMG_0805.jpg

Truck IMG_0806.jpg

Truck IMG_0808.jpg

Truck IMG_0809.jpg

Truck IMG_0810.jpg

Truck IMG_0818.jpg

Truck IMG_0824.jpg

That really blows Bill. She didn't bend the frame ? Or damage the bed floor?

If I was there, I would help you. Gotta be some young buck that can unload for you

If I'm at the grounds early enough on Wednesday I would be glad to offer some help. This all depends upon having an uneventful 28-34 hour drive. I'm hoping to be there Wednesday mid day. What space are you in? If I get in I'll swing by.

If I'm at the grounds early enough on Wednesday I would be glad to offer some help. This all depends upon having an uneventful 28-34 hour drive. I'm hoping to be there Wednesday mid day. What space are you in? If I get in I'll swing by.

J179, which is across from the path that runs along the left side of building T. THANKS!!!!!

Thank you to the 2 members that PM'd offering help. We have a great bunch of folks on this forum.

Back