Help!!!! Restore 1970 300 vert

1970300vert

Reaction score
New to the site and I need help finding some parts for my 70 300 vert. Seems not much sheet metal,weatherstrip,glass,bumpers,hood and dorr hinges, etc. might be a challenge to find. If anyone could lend some info in finding some of these items I would appreciate it. My 300 has been off the road since 99 and i bought it in 1990. Such a cool car I've sold my dart to get this gem done to go crusing again :)

I forgot to mention this old 300 vert won the 1995 mopar nationals burnout contest. I have a 440+6 engine in it.

Thank you for your help

summerfall_08_195.jpg

you can only find stuff part by part

New to the site and I need help finding some parts for my 70 300 vert. Seems not much sheet metal,weatherstrip,glass,bumpers,hood and dorr hinges, etc. might be a challenge to find. If anyone could lend some info in finding some of these items I would appreciate it. My 300 has been off the road since 99 and i bought it in 1990. Such a cool car I've sold my dart to get this gem done to go crusing again :)

I forgot to mention this old 300 vert won the 1995 mopar nationals burnout contest. I have a 440+6 engine in it.

Thank you for your help

For 70 300's your question is too general. You should search the parts part by part. Google your part on the internet! Make search engines for each single part on e-bay!

And be very patient.... Happy bidding :).

Welcome aboard! Can we see a picture of the 6-Pack?

:eek:ld_school:

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Let's see more pics.

Yeah, ditto. Love the car, with a six pack motor too. I think someone in another section has a C body car with a six pack motor as well. Nice. Let's have more pics!

I had a six pack under the hood of a four door polara. Man that thing would draw a crowd when I had the hood up. It sounded incredible when it was sucking in air at full throttle. Something about three twos under the hood especially when they are under the hood of something they are not supposed to be under.

Yeah, ditto. Love the car, with a six pack motor too. I think someone in another section has a C body car with a six pack motor as well. Nice. Let's have more pics!

I think that other 6 pack car was from New Zealand or Austrailia.

I had a six pack under the hood of a four door polara. Man that thing would draw a crowd when I had the hood up. It sounded incredible when it was sucking in air at full throttle. Something about three twos under the hood especially when they are under the hood of something they are not supposed to be under.

Very cool!!! Can you share some photo's. I think 6 packs are cool... both 340's and 440's.

:headbang:

Because you asked heres the pics.....

My dad bought this 71 in 1975. I started driving it in 83. It started life as a 318. Then went to a 340, then a 400HP ( best engine I ever had) then I had a few 440's under the hood. This one was the most impressive looking because of the three 2's. It definitely drew a crowd.

106559 1983 DE41G1F.jpg

106559 1983 right front.jpg

106559 1986 440 six pack.jpg

106559 1986 multi carb.jpg

Outstanding!!! Was there room for an air cleaner?

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Outstanding!!! Was there room for an air cleaner?

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

No, I bought one at either spring or fall Carlisle. Even back in 86 it was several hundred bucks. I tried it and it hit the hood enough so it wouldnt close. That is why you dont see it on there. You know, I have no idea where that went............:eusa_think:

A neighborhood friend (1974) had an A12 '69 1/2 Road Runner that wasn't running very good. He was trying different jets on the Holley's. Step up one number, take it for a ride, come back change jets, take it for a ride, etc. Well, he decided to leave the air cleaner off while he was experimenting to save time. Coupled with ignition problems and gas spillage when removing the fuel bowls and making a mess with the gas. He went out for another test run and didn't come back for a long time. We heard sirens and jumped in my Challenger as we were sure the fire trucks were heading towards him. We thought he might of had an accident. Nope, the engine backfired and caught on fire. Melted the 6 pack hood, destroyed the carbs and toasted wiring. Costly mistake with being sloppy with the gas and not running with the air cleaner. His car sat for 6 months before he got enough money and parts to run again. All of us learned important lessons that day.

Man, I love anything "six-pak", but in a brown 4 dr plain jane sedan with no badges, that's just awesome.....a PERFECT ride for the Front St. scene or 3a.m. Roosevelt blvd blasts....sweet.

I was at Front many, many times. I never raced it there though.

Roosevelt Blvd? I never knew they had anything going there.

I used to work at Crazy Eddies in Cherry Hill on 38. I then went to the Roosevelt Blvd store up by Woodhaven. I spent many nights up in N.E.PA. around Red Lion road and Woodhaven. 95 was a top end free for all in the mid 80's

I was at Front many, many times. I never raced it there though.

Roosevelt Blvd? I never knew they had anything going there.

I used to work at Crazy Eddies in Cherry Hill on 38. I then went to the Roosevelt Blvd store up by Woodhaven. I spent many nights up in N.E.PA. around Red Lion road and Woodhaven. 95 was a top end free for all in the mid 80's

I got ticketed on Front st. down by the stadiums one night, and I wasn't even racing!!

Roosevelt Blvd @ Rhawn st. ALL THE WAY DOWN to Woodhaven ave.

Back