Help With Windshield Washer Tube.

Rutty

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a question I have on the windshield washer tube routing for my '68 Newport. The tube that runs to the passenger side is either cracked in two right near the center of the cowl or I'm missing a "T" fitting or something. This is my first old Chrysler so all this is new to me.

Thanks,
Matt Peterson
'68 Newport Custom
PXL_20201212_211012377.jpg
PXL_20201212_211015716.MP.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a question I have on the windshield washer tube routing for my '68 Newport. The tube that runs to the passenger side is either cracked in two right near the center of the cowl or I'm missing a "T" fitting or something. This is my first old Chrysler so all this is new to me.

Thanks,
Matt Peterson
'68 Newport CustomView attachment 422297 View attachment 422298
It broke. Take a sample of it to the parts store and buy enough to replace the entire section. You may want to replace all of it all the way back to the washer pump / bottle.

Be careful with the divider block on the far left hand side of the cowl, where the line from the pump makes the the 90 degree turn and becomes two separate lines, one for the lh and one for the rh of the windshield. It's white plastic and small, which also means fragile. But I believe they are in repro as they usually cover many Chrysler vehicles. Might plan ahead an find one before you do that line replacement, just in case.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Your hose should go from the pump to an "F" fitting on the driver's side just behind the hood torsion bar, and then there are two separate hoses going to the nozzles.

Thank you so much guys! I suspected that it was routed as you all said but wanted to make sure. The pictures were really helpful HWYCRZR, thanks. I think I'll try and find that F piece and just replace all the lines while I'm at it.

Matt
'68 Newport Custom

Last edited:
Thanks everyone just ordered the windshield washer tube "T" from Vans. Total cost with shipping was 13.30. Not bad at all. Again thanks.

This site is awesome. Can't imagine owning a C body and not being on here...so much good tech here.

Thanks everyone just ordered the windshield washer tube "T" from Vans. Total cost with shipping was 13.30. Not bad at all. Again thanks.
Update on the washer T or actually an F tube. Came and I installed it right away. Thanks again Bluefury361...

the hoses and splitter can be bought seperate or as a kit. Original hose has three ribs running it's length. The hoses from the splitter are a smallier diameter than the hose from the washer to the splitter.

Windshield Washer Hose Tee-White- Mopar 1966-1976 A-Body & 1966-1970 C-Body

Windshield Washer Hose Tee- Black - Mopar 1967 - 1970 B-Body

Windshield Washer Hose and Nozzle Kit Electric 1967-1974 A-Body
Hi BlueFury361,
I am wondering if you know if the windshield washer hose and nozzle kit that you listed here (1957-1974 A-body) would fit my 1968 Fury ll? I can/will call 'Van's' but often times the suppliers don't have the info on what works with what. My whole washer system is MIA so nothing to compare to...

Back