Help with wood grain replacement 73 T&C

Tim Giokas

Reaction score
Looking to redo the wood grain on my 73..... I'm guessing it's 3m but want to make sure I'm ordering the right stuff. Has anybody redone one of these and who is the best place to order though? Any help is appreciated. Tim

I have NOS dynoc that is correct for a 1970 Monaco wagon but, AFAIK, not for your '73. FYI, I bought it from Len Dawson's Deception Pass Motor Parts.

Since yours is a 1973, you may find the 1973 Chrysler Thread useful. 1973 T&C owners include, but are not limited to, @T&C1973 and @dh23t in Florida, @DodgeMaxx in Colorado, @chip fleming in NY, @Tobias74 (formerly in Calgary, now on the West Coast), and @v8brit in the UK and @MJF in Finland. They may be able to help.

It'd be great if you could post photos of your car.

I have NOS dynoc that is correct for a 1970 Monaco wagon but, AFAIK, not for your '73. FYI, I bought it from Len Dawson's Deception Pass Motor Parts.

Since yours is a 1973, you may find the 1973 Chrysler Thread useful. 1973 T&C owners include, but are not limited to, @T&C1973 and @dh23t in Florida, @DodgeMaxx in Colorado, @chip fleming in NY, @Tobias74 (formerly in Calgary, now on the West Coast), and @v8brit in the UK and @MJF in Finland. They may be able to help.

It'd be great if you could post photos of your car.
Will post upon completion of pending work this spring. Bought the car from Tobais off this forum. New headliner and rug being installed in the spring, new A/C compressor after that and paint and wood grain if my body guy can handle it in a timely manner this year.

I used MacTac wood grain on one of my wagons in the past, booked the rolls so the grain lined up in a continuous run. It looked great and as far as I know still going strong 15 years later. So cheap.
It was my first time so I figured it was good practice. Turned out great. You can get all types of wood grain. May not be called Mactac anymore. Just a good thick shelf liner. My 67 Monaco was the correct width to use the shelf liner. TC might be too wide.
Its still on my work bench from the left overs.
IMG_0717.jpg

I didn't study this site closely, but at a quick glance it appears promising.

woodgrain.JPG

Here's a smaller outfit that only sells two colors:

woodgrain 2.JPG

I believe there are a few more places that sell it in addition to these.

Jeff

I, too, was also thinking that the "wrap" vendors/installers might have something close to what you might need. If not, let them do a picture of yours, re-touch it for color and such, then print it off. Then all that's left is the installation.

Just a thought,
CBODY67

From Xenon's link on the 3M wrap I looked at, 3 yrs removeable, 8 yrs total.

Back