For Sale Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma_mopar

Reaction score
Contact seller
Need someone in the grater shakey city area that can help out, need that person to go look at a car up the coast from shakey town. car is a 68 sport fury convertible , the one with the dash out of the car. the car is in SANTA CLARITA CA. UP FROM SHAKE TOWN I -5 STEERING COL. IS DOWN BUT IN THE CAR. CONTACT ME HERE FOR MORE INFO AND AM WILLING TO PAY YOU FOR UR TIME .THANKS MA MOPAR. SORRY IF IN WRONG FORUM. CAR IS A GOOD PRICE FOR IT SAYS IT DOES RUN BUT CAN'T DRIVE IT NO TITLE WAS HIS FATHER IN LAWS, CAR GOT DIVORCED AND LEFT IT TO SON IN LAW. DASH IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE CAR WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT I AM NOT BUYING A PIG IN A POKE.BIG BLOCK WITH A/C FACTORY CONSOLE AUTO 4BBL ? YES I HAVE HIS PHONE # ALSO. THANKS MA_MOPAR

Damn, Wyatt wasn't all that far. I'm sure he could have done it for a price

Shoot that thing is like 15 min from my place. I can probably go by and check it out tues or wed. I got guys coming in from east coast CAT so Monday's tied up for me. I do this for fun so let me know the details and I'll help you out as much as I can. I saw the for sale post so I'm familiar with what your hoping to find. Let me know bud and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks ed

Need someone in the grater shakey city area that can help out, need that person to go look at a car up the coast from shakey town. car is a 68 sport fury convertible , the one with the dash out of the car. the car is in SANTA CLARITA CA. UP FROM SHAKE TOWN I -5 STEERING COL. IS DOWN BUT IN THE CAR. CONTACT ME HERE FOR MORE INFO AND AM WILLING TO PAY YOU FOR UR TIME .THANKS MA MOPAR. SORRY IF IN WRONG FORUM. CAR IS A GOOD PRICE FOR IT SAYS IT DOES RUN BUT CAN'T DRIVE IT NO TITLE WAS HIS FATHER IN LAWS, CAR GOT DIVORCED AND LEFT IT TO SON IN LAW. DASH IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE CAR WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT I AM NOT BUYING A PIG IN A POKE.BIG BLOCK WITH A/C FACTORY CONSOLE AUTO 4BBL ? YES I HAVE HIS PHONE # ALSO. THANKS MA_MOPAR

I forgot to use the reply button. Doesn't mean I'll do shoddy inspection LOL !!!

Shoot that thing is like 15 min from my place. I can probably go by and check it out tues or wed. I got guys coming in from east coast CAT so Monday's tied up for me. I do this for fun so let me know the details and I'll help you out as much as I can. I saw the for sale post so I'm familiar with what your hoping to find. Let me know bud and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks ed

whos awesome.jpg

Hey MA ,

Went and saw that 68 looks good. Shoot me a note. LoTs of potential...

Ok here they are sorry for the delay. Can you believe I have to actually work at work ???? Wheesh.

IMG_3351.JPG

IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3355.JPG

IMG_3356.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3442.JPG

Dash was removed and left outside unprotected and is toast. Need a new one. Seems solid honest non rust bucket, looks to be white over blue. Dennis said dad pulled dash to color change then wheels came off project. Column on floor didn't see a steering wheel.

IMG_3366.JPG

IMG_3367.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3380.JPG

IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3383.JPG

IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3385.JPG

IMG_3387.JPG

Body is a million times better than my 69. I laid in the sticker bushes and couldn't see any holes in floors. There's a bunch of parts in the trunk. Look close at my windshield frame pic this stuff may or may not be gone.

IMG_3385.JPG

IMG_3387.JPG

IMG_3388.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

IMG_3390.JPG

IMG_3413.JPG

IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3417.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3424.JPG

Engine. I tried to get the number off the side but it wouldn't transfer on the paper I rubbed on it. It jump starts with a wire in the ignition plug no ignition switch but he has all the keys. Carb linkages look great to me...

What is that add on brain box ???

Look thru the plug wires to see how the steering column is disconnected.

The belts are soft and pliable.

It's an honest engine compartment w original style air cleaner and looking at the linkage I'd guess not too messed with. Turns over and sputters.

IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

From what I can make out of an enlargement & rotation of the brain box label.

ELECTRO
NOx

Emission
Control
System

Looks to have some fairly large rubber hose going to it.

Also too bad someone jacked up the engine without un-bolting the radiator shroud, that's how it gets broken.

BTW the Driver side HiPo exhaust manifold looks to be correct for this year/engine/model and is very rare IIRC.

Trunk didn't stink & well liner is still in there hard to see the whole thing without emptying the whole mess but from what I saw it looked ok.

Top is ugly but believe it or not moved up and down by hand and I'll be danged if the brown back window didn't explode as we worked the top thru the motions. Surprisingly flexible.

IMG_3374.JPG

IMG_3375.JPG

IMG_3376.JPG

IMG_3377.JPG

IMG_3378.JPG

IMG_3426.JPG

IMG_3427.JPG

IMG_3429.JPG

IMG_3431.JPG

Wasn't Santa Clarita in the last big wildfire area of 6/8 months ago?

Lucky it didn't get burned up and end up in the CoPart burn pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back