HELP....

Gavin Jeffrey

Reaction score
Hi,
I am going through all my power windows getting them cleaned up and lubricated so they operate as they should.
I have removed all internals from 3 doors, but i have an issue with the left rear door, its in the up position and it has to be in the down position so as to remove the glass and frame from the regulator.
The motor just clicks and wont move at all, i have soaked in WD-40 trying to get it to move but it's stuck up, so how do i go about removing the window from the regulator if the motor is shot??????
Any help would be very appreciated.

Gavin.

I would unbolt the motor from the door so that I could lower the motor/ regulator assembly to the access hole.

From there you'd need to find a way to clamp the regulator so that you could remove the motor from the regulator without losing any fingers from the spring tension on the regulator.

BE CAREFUL!

Last edited:
Are you trying to lower it by using the window switch ? Sometimes the contacts are a little cruddy and won't pass enough current to operate the motor - had this on my 300.

Unplug the harness and try running 12v directly to the motor.

Sounds like the Motor is shot. Like Mr C said, unbolt the Motor and regulator as an assembly from the sheet metal door and remove it.
I’ll use a quick grip clamp on the glass above the belt line (top of door) to keep the widow up and in place out of the way so you can get the reg/motor assembly out easier. Once out a locking plier to firmly clamp the part of the regulator with the gear teeth to the regulator body itself will allow you to remove the motor from the regulator without it moving. Keep the locking plier attached until you have the motor you just fixed reattached.

Detmatt: sounds like you know power windows for these C bodies, have you seen any conversion kits for our cars? i have a 67 newport- would love to have power windows....

Detmatt: sounds like you know power windows for these C bodies, have you seen any conversion kits for our cars? i have a 67 newport- would love to have power windows....
@Doug King
I have not ventured out into non-stock options but have gained a lot of experience getting and keeping them working in my own cars.
I do have a fair amount of the factory parts that would work for your car including the wiring harness, both door switches(just sold the 2 rear switches), black door panels from a ‘68 Newport, regulators for the doors but no extra rears. Stock motors are still readily available.

@Doug King
I have not ventured out into non-stock options but have gained a lot of experience getting and keeping them working in my own cars.
I do have a fair amount of the factory parts that would work for your car including the wiring harness, both door switches(just sold the 2 rear switches), black door panels from a ‘68 Newport, regulators for the doors but no extra rears. Stock motors are still readily available.
just curious what are you asking for harness, switches and regulators? and are you in Detroit is that where the DET comes from?

just curious what are you asking for harness, switches and regulators? and are you in Detroit is that where the DET comes from?
Yes, Detroit area. I’ll alert you on the ad.

Back