here is my mopar.. needs work. 65 plymouth fury 3 4 door

If you put a 72 440 in it, you will find that the drivers side motor mount wont work. mounts for a 65 block are further forward than on the 66> cars. Supposedly, the later blocks had the mount bosses there, but undrilled. You should then be able to use a drivers side motor mount from a big block A-Body car. Also, the shift linkage on a 65 is cable operated and will not work on a later transmission.... Just a couple of the little 1 year only idiosyncrasies found on the 65 C-Bodies.........

great project, good luck with the build, just chip away at her and you will get there and love doing it!!! Keep the pics coming please..

Cheers Steve

If the transmission has a yoke on the end its a short shaft and a excellent find 4 pinion front and rear with wide 5 clutch drum and hemi style band guts are worth $.

Are you doing this to me deliberately? Lmao

If the transmission has a yoke on the end its a short shaft and a excellent find 4 pinion front and rear with wide 5 clutch drum and hemi style band guts are worth $.
Or are you driving 72 mph and you're are texting

this is the only picture I have so far 11094692_362278537293074_100852892481388151_n.jpg

11094692_362278537293074_100852892481388151_n.jpg

I just messaged him and got these pictures. I havent seen the engine yet so this is the first time Ive seen it as well. definatly dont think the trans will work especialy with the trans brake lol.

my question now is what all do i need to mount this engine with a 727 and would a k member swap help more then drill and tapping the bosses to mount conversion bracket. ive seen kits that would work if the car started out with a B/RB but none about swapping from a poly to a 440. I just need to know if this is gonna be more then what its worth.

. I just need to know if this is gonna be more then what its worth.
I saw this project start off on shaky footing from the start and it went downhill from there.
Kudos to your lofty ambitions. Common logic should kick in now.

We have seen much worse here... All the best with the rescue or whatever you decide to do

Back