here is my mopar.. needs work. 65 plymouth fury 3 4 door

I've seen three thst came a MH. None had dual snorkles.
Of course, they may have been stolen prior...

That thing looks unmolested. From the prices I have seen at Carlisle and the nats, sell the air cleaner and finance the build.

I plan on selling the transmission anyway but im not sure what its worth so I couldnt give you a price. just let me know what you think and we can go from there.

I have 1 or 2 rv transmissions with the yoke, do the rv transmission without the yoke have the standard 3 gear pinion and reg clutch/bands?

I'm no transmission expert but every trans with a yoke on the back and BB bell housing bolt pattern has had 4 pinion front and rear planetaries and the wide drum and bands. Everything from the tailshaft housing forward is the same, you will just need a car, van or 2wd pu rear section, if you are going to make it fully automatic just call and order a new governor for the shift points you want from A&A or any other high po trans place.

They are not that hard to work on with a good book/manual if you are pulling the valve body you don't even need a puller for the front pump.

sorry brother but im looking to sell the trans all together. pulling it apart and selling you the parts leaves me with parts that will sit in my garage till It gets in my way enough that I would have to let them go for a small fraction of what its worth. the worlds full of profiteers and im not looking to collect stuff I wont need.

over 90% of the people ive delt with would sit there and make you think its not worth much but grin as they leave as they just bought something for nothing. I dont do craigslist or ebay for that exact reason, people are followers so when they read a coment from a profiteer telling you how you want to much for somthing everyone else reads and follows and either you dont sell it or you sell end up selling it for a fraction of what its actually worth.

dose anyone know how difficult it would be to put in a later model v8 k member? that would eliminate the need to buy an adapter kit since this k frame wont work I could just swap to a later model k member and eliminate the hassle.

sorry brother but im looking to sell the trans all together. pulling it apart and selling you the parts leaves me with parts that will sit in my garage till It gets in my way enough that I would have to let them go for a small fraction of what its worth. the worlds full of profiteers and im not looking to collect stuff I wont need.
I understand just didn't want to ship whole trans lol. Just know that you have some good parts in there don't just give them away.

dose anyone know these tire sizes and if they will fit a 4 door 4735363973_c3e982f44e_z.jpgfgvxfgnf.jpg

4735363973_c3e982f44e_z.jpg

fgvxfgnf.jpg

Hello 65, welcome. We have all had tough projects, slow down a little there Hoss.
What your working with is probably going to be a cruiser.

It's a 4 door Fury, which you can buy running, and in not bad shape for around $1000-1500.

You fit perfectly here, as some of us restore our cars out of love, and I, myself, am probably double into my restoration than my 65 Fury 2 door is worth.

So you have a 4 door Fury, clean it up, make it run. Throw some seat covers on it, get that Poly running. 230 HP is not that bad. In high school, by buddies 59 Fury 318 poly, with a 4 bbl cam and headers, would beat upon some big blocks, and it was a 4 door.

65 was the last year for the ball and trunion trans.You can get a drive shaft built for it using a slip joint if you wanted to go to a newer trans.

So, instead of biting off way more than you can chew, and ending with a pile of parts in your yard, leave that car together,clean it up, get it running, maybe get some skirts, make it long and low, cruise the hell out of it.

hey man thanks for the reply. unfortunately the poly is toast and it would cost me less to buy the mounts and drill and tap the bosses and put go fast goodies on the 440 then it would to rebuild the poly and convert it to a 4 barrel with a cam and headers i wish the poly was still a good engine I would love to keep it in there but it would need everything redone just to get it running to prove it i would trade the 440 and trans plus the old poly and trans for a decent running 4 barrel poly to put in it. I talked to mike at engine swaps and he told me it wont take much to put the 440 in it with the products he has. the k member is the same as the big block so that wont be an issue. all that left is the correct mount for engine and trans, wireing, moving the shifter to the floor, as you said the drive shaft fabricated to fit.likage for throttle, sway bar, and the most difficult parts are done. ive had it all priced and thought out and i think i want to be one of the few to do this to a fury 4 door. as for the long and low cruiser look, its not quite my cup of tea though it dose look cool. im actualy going for a wide tall white label tire with black steelies and dog dishes at stock height. I already have the wheels and im going to get the tires this week end. I just needed to know what tire size would mach the pics ive posted so i can get that look on my car.

I cant just buy another fury as you said I love this one. the woman I got the car from was tickled to hear that I chose to rebuild it and make it faster and better looking and is looking forward to me giving her a ride when its done. plus i got the car for free and just traded a ford maverick for the 440 so im not in the hole on it.

for the poly the 4 barrel intake manifold at cheapest was $590 the headers were close to 700 dollars. the correct valve springs for the cam were $200 a set, valves $180, cam and lifters close to $350, and pistons with correct valve lash releifs were 380 or more. the new crank, and mane bearings with stronger studs were $450, the new piston arms and everything required was $320, witch brings it to a total of $3170. and i havent even added the machine work and trans rebuild. a set of 915 heads for the 440 i can get for $180, a edelbrock performer is 230 dollars used. a cam and lifters with a nice lumpy idle is around the same. headers are about the same as the polys 750 cfm holley with vacume secondaries is about 160 dollars... you see were im going with this right? more power.

Back