Hey Guys, taking my car in to get a lot of work done on my 67 Sport Fury

You can probably use the tape that they use on new cars for attaching emblems. It's a thin foam tape with adhesive on both sides. I've never seen it used on a vinyl top though, but it seems to me that it should work.

Great idea Big John .. I'll bet it sticks just fine if it was clean when put on and I'm sure Jarod did that. Worst case is you have to redo the stickem every once in a while while keeping an eye out for a nice affordable replacement set

Yes, I got out my trusty 0000 grit steel wool and was able to get the glue and the stuff on the rear window off. Luckily, the oil on the top came off too.

So, the window guy came by to install my new windshield. Guess what? He brought the wrong windshield! He brought the one for a 4 door Fury. Oh, and this was after he removed the old windshield. With tomorrow being Sunday, they aren't going to be able to bring and install the correct one till Monday morning. See picture below. I had him just place the old windshield on it, then I turned the car around, and put a tap over it. I live in an apartment, so I don't feel very safe having my baby so vulnerable, even for a day. With it pointed away from the main road, it's not AS noticeable, even with the tarp. I think I'm cursed when it comes to car repairs lately. At least I'm getting low prices............

CAM00252.jpg

CAM00252.jpg

Doesn't surprise me.......... with an old car expect the unexpected, at least be prepared for it

You may want to get another option for your windshield. Its the sales persons job at the glass company to say I have that!! Getting glass for these cars is getting harder............. It doesn't surprise me that they came out with the wrong one. They prob can't tell the difference. You are better off going to an old glass shop with somebody that has experience working on classic cars. I know cost is important. Glass isn't something you want to cut corners on. The new car windshields glue in. Your car uses a gasket. You want the job done right the first time. At the end of the day its not there car, so most installers don't really care. If they come back out with the wrong glass again. I would use a different company.

No offense and I'm not making light brother you've had a bad spell so something to cheer you up I hope

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I got out my trusty 0000 grit steel wool and was able to get the glue and the stuff on the rear window off. Luckily, the oil on the top came off too.

So, the window guy came by to install my new windshield. Guess what? He brought the wrong windshield! He brought the one for a 4 door Fury. Oh, and this was after he removed the old windshield. With tomorrow being Sunday, they aren't going to be able to bring and install the correct one till Monday morning. See picture below. I had him just place the old windshield on it, then I turned the car around, and put a tap over it. I live in an apartment, so I don't feel very safe having my baby so vulnerable, even for a day. With it pointed away from the main road, it's not AS noticeable, even with the tarp. I think I'm cursed when it comes to car repairs lately. At least I'm getting low prices............
I've found that no one appreciates your car as much as you do. It can be a pita dealing with them.

Unfortunately I have total recall of really insignificant **** that stikes me as funny or cool or witty or someother reason .. kinda like an idiot

Yeah I get it but that one seems a bit obscure.... good for you though

OMG.. I remember that...

I heard it once while standing in line for the port-a-potties at a county fair. This drunk was in one and singing that at the top of his lungs.

Alright enough with the drunks, since we are going way off topic how about some pictures of the girls of hee haw?

Yep they came back out at 5:30 pm today. Guess what? They didn't bring the correct size again! I can't believe it. haha. I think I should have made that drive to get yours!

Back