Hey Guys, taking my car in to get a lot of work done on my 67 Sport Fury

'Mornin' Jareed. Hard to diagnose anything over the 'puter BUT, All those big starters that Mother Mopar used starting in '62(the first year for the all aluminum 727 Torq Flight) and covering every engine Mother sold for almost 20 years Had or developed hard start problems when they got hot. The fix came along in '88 when Mother finally got wise and installed a cute little Nitzindendo starter in the Dakotas with either 318s or 360s for the next bunch of years.
Are you guys sure the car isn't just in need of a high torque starter? Or is that only a Ford thing?

Are you guys sure the car isn't just in need of a high torque starter? Or is that only a Ford thing?

I put in a high torque Summit Racing starter and it helped a lot. I still have to give it a lot of gas to hot start it, but it's a lot better than what it was.

Nope not yet unfortunantly. They can't find the correct part number. The window they come up with is too short by a few inches. Does anyone know the windshield part number for a 67 Sport Fury fast top?

Nope not yet unfortunantly. They can't find the correct part number. The window they come up with is too short by a few inches. Does anyone know the windshield part number for a 67 Sport Fury fast top?

I'll check when I get home but it should be the same as ALL 1967 C-Body (Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge) hardtop and convertibles, just not sedans and wagons.

Alan

Sorry about all your travails lately. I have learned over the years that it comes with the territory working on these old cars. I just try to laugh it off (when I can), and consider it part of the pride of ownership. It's rarely easy, and that's why most folks just discard these old things.

Hang in there! From the looks of it you have one sweet ride, and it will all be worth it in the end!

The fastop windshield is specific to 67 68 plymouth fury, and dodge polara, dodge monaco, Chrysler newport, new yorker, and 300 Fastop only!!. No other body style windshield will fit. The 4 door hardtop, conv, and 2 door hardtop is the same. The 4 door sedan, 2 door sedan, and wagon is the same. Your windshield has to come from a fastop. The sedan is the tallest, the hardtop a little shorter, the fastop has the shortest windshield of all c body's. They must be using a windshield for a different car line........ Ie a b body. It won't work. It has to be a Fastop specific one......

Hey guys, so I wanted to provide an update on my car. Still no glass. The glad company has been ignoring my calls. I was able to reach them late today finally, only because I think this employee didn't know my phone number. Basically he stated his brother (the owner) is really nervous dealing with me and they have about given up finding the glass. They still hadn't even figured out the part number. I called a few other places in the area and found a place called Deep Ellum Auto Glass that can get it and install it for $690, ouch. My buddy called Desert Auto in Nevada who said they had it for $200 + $140 shipping. The shop I'm saying said they would call to verify the part, but now they are not answering my calls again. The company I'm trying to use right now mentioned that they were still wanting to get paid something, even though they destroyed the glass that was in my car and haven't found or installed the replacement glass. They have my gasket, which is also hard to find, which they could hold until I pay them something. Who knows what that would be. Either way I'm fed up with this glass issue. This is nuts.

I'd drive down and demand my gasket back and let them know you will make every effort to make their ineptness as widely know as humanly possible and that a bunch of your Mopar forum buddies were committed to helping make that a reality and if they hesitate ask for compensation for their wasting of your precious time.

And obviously you owe them nothing

I'd drive down and demand my gasket back and let them know you will make every effort to make their ineptness as widely know as humanly possible and that a bunch of your Mopar forum buddies were committed to helping make that a reality and if they hesitate ask for compensation for their wasting of your precious time.

And obviously you owe them nothing

Better idea...

Walk in there (better if with a friend) and ask nicely to see the gasket. Tell them you might have found a new one online, but you need to check the width or something like that.

Then... never give it back.. Just leave.

Better idea...

Walk in there (better if with a friend) and ask nicely to see the gasket. Tell them you might have found a new one online, but you need to check the width or something like that.

Then... never give it back.. Just leave.

Concur .. whatever it takes .. get your stuff back

I sent you a pm regarding the good used windshield I have from a 68 fury fastop. I would be cautious in buying the one out of Nevada. It may come from a wrong body style of car and your stuck paying for glass, and shipping for a part that won't work.

Hey guys, so I wanted to provide an update on my car. Still no glass. The glad company has been ignoring my calls. I was able to reach them late today finally, only because I think this employee didn't know my phone number. Basically he stated his brother (the owner) is really nervous dealing with me and they have about given up finding the glass. They still hadn't even figured out the part number. I called a few other places in the area and found a place called Deep Ellum Auto Glass that can get it and install it for $690, ouch. My buddy called Desert Auto in Nevada who said they had it for $200 + $140 shipping. The shop I'm saying said they would call to verify the part, but now they are not answering my calls again. The company I'm trying to use right now mentioned that they were still wanting to get paid something, even though they destroyed the glass that was in my car and haven't found or installed the replacement glass. They have my gasket, which is also hard to find, which they could hold until I pay them something. Who knows what that would be. Either way I'm fed up with this glass issue. This is nuts.

Wow the BALLS on some people "we are arrogant and know nothing so you have to pay us" are they kidding. Big Johns advice is the best go in with buddy and tape measure tell them you found a used windshield but want to measure gasket to make sure it fits and when you get it you would like them to install it because you know they tried there best yada yada when you get your gasket back walk out possession is 9/10 call police tell them you are being kidnapped with YOUR gasket when they won't let you leave this works I had to do it to a shipper that would not give me my bills. Called police told them I was being held against my will 3 cars showed up, the shipper was so mad at me he refused to give bills with cops there, he saw differently when handcuffs came out.

Back