Hey Guys, taking my car in to get a lot of work done on my 67 Sport Fury

Freight bills, bill of lading the papers that say I didn't steal the trailer load of lawnmowers at that time.

Hey guys, I finally have a new windshield! It took 13 hours, round trip, to go pick it up from 68plymouth383 and get back to Dallas, but it was worth it! It was nice to need Jason and it was a very beautiful drive through the Hill Country. Thank goodness for my GPS getting back into Dallas. We had a bunch of ice covering the roads. My GPS said 35E getting into Dallas was basically at a stand still, so I took a long way, which saved a bunch of time. Come to find out, people who took 35E instead of 35W had to sleep in their cars that night! Thanks again to Jason for letting me buy the windshield off his 68 Fury parts car!

Looks good having glass without any cracks!

CAM00257.jpg

CAM00257.jpg

New windshield looks great!! Glad I was able to help you out.

Hey guys, I finally have a new windshield! It took 13 hours, round trip, to go pick it up from 68plymouth383 and get back to Dallas, but it was worth it! It was nice to need Jason and it was a very beautiful drive through the Hill Country. Thank goodness for my GPS getting back into Dallas. We had a bunch of ice covering the roads. My GPS said 35E getting into Dallas was basically at a stand still, so I took a long way, which saved a bunch of time. Come to find out, people who took 35E instead of 35W had to sleep in their cars that night! Thanks again to Jason for letting me buy the windshield off his 68 Fury parts car!

Looks good having glass without any cracks!

View attachment 25856

Yep, I went ahead and had the glass company that had my gasket install the windshield cause they weren't going to charge anything. I tipped the guy that replaced it anyway cause I doubt if he would have gotten anything from his company for it.

Yep, 13 hours. I left at 6:40 am and got home at 8:30 pm. Only an hour or less was spent filling up the gas tank and loading the glass. I took a scenic route out there and got turned around a few times, but it took a real long time trying to get through traffic due to the ice. I came very close to hitting the center divider about 5 miles before I got back to my place. This is Dallas, it's not suppose to get this cold!

haha. I'm going to have to wait another 2 months or so before I do anything else major to my Fury. I've spent a lot of cash on her the last 6 months. Well, that's not true, I bought some used tail lights a grille from ebay that I need to change out. Next project will be to get the front bumper straightened.

Major projects still ahead: get AC/heat working, full new interior, bumper straightened, minor body work, repaint, new exhaust with headers, probably needs a little suspension work, engine rebuild/build-up, maybe torque thrust rims.

Back