Hidden Stereo Solution USB BT

That looks like something I was going to put together for my car. I was just considering bluetooth from my phone going a discreet amp under the seat to going to two 6/9's on the rear shelf. Seems like a lot of stuff for 49 bucks and what kind of 35 watts per channel is it I wonder? RMS or peak etc. Any reviews from car mags etc?

I had Gary Tayman convert my original radio to AM/FM with Bluetooth. It was fantastic upgrade for the time it lasted. Second year the bluetooth took a month to come on line after winter storage. this year I bought a new iPhone and it will not connect at all, tried my old iPhone and it still will not connect, so no tunes other then commercial radio this summer.
If I was to do it again I would get a usb connection, maybe run it and mount it in a nice location, in Console or ashtray, etc...
Maybe who you decide to use will do the USB that will charge your device while its in use.

My Tayman BTU-2.5 Bluetooth/USB conversion has bluetooth and usb connection. I didn’t think they offered bluetooth only. I had issues trying to use bluetooth so I just use the usb connection. I use the usb for my ipod anyway. It charges my iphone and ipad also.

Last edited:
Here is what I have always used, and it's even cheaper!
FM Transmitter, Doosl 3.5mm Wireless In-Car Radio Receiver, Music Receiver Adapter, Hands-free Calling Portable Audio Car Kit for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, HTC, MP3, MP4 and Most Devices - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
It plugs into your phone, ipod, or whatever else and transmits what you play. You can then pick it up on the car radio like a normal station. It advertises 10 hours before it needs to be charged, but it usually lasts a lot longer than that.
No reason to modify your original radio if it works fine.

What I like about the thing I referenced in the 1st post is that I don't need a phone,MP3 player or even a working radio.I just plug a stick into this thing and it plays....simple and cheap

I would use this cable to run USB to the dash...$12 on Ebay 6FT Dash Mount USB Adapter - PAC

usbdma6.jpg

Or this one at Parts express. A bit cheaper. I just bought 2 while I was buying other things. I cant argue with the original post cost but it does seem a bit old looking, maybe its the website. You can get mini amps on ebay for $18 that look similar to what he is supplying. Bluetooth connection is a source of problems as the versions progress. I think they are up to 5.0. They say its backward compatible but I'll continue to use separate bluetooth receivers so I can replace them as things change (phones and standards). If you just decide to use wires then this usb + 3.5mm would work, but only if you have an amp. So many choices. I'm starting my process because I'm hoping a new dash pad will happen and that forces my hand with at least the dash speakers.

upload_2021-7-26_22-3-52.png

I looked around for similar amps and didn't find any with the wired remote...which I prefer. Do you have any links?

Digging through ebay I can see Woody is definitely selling a marine or motorcycle kit. That's not a bad thing but that explains the wired remote which is useful in the wind. I believe this $15 mini amp will do what you want but with a wireless remote, not wired. You can play files on memory stick. Also has FM (antennae input I dont see) and more power. There are many similar options. Actually this 25w x 2 display that could be put under the dash could work to. Just know that all these power ratings are @ max power (ie distortion filled) and just expect 1/2 of that.

Looks like if you search for marine amp bluetooth you also get a number of options too.

Just know that all these power ratings are @ max power (ie distortion filled) and just expect 1/2 of that.

Knowing what the distortion level/percentage @ rated output is is important in looking at ANY audio power amp. Remember, too, that low-frequency notes take much more power to make happen than the higher-frequency notes.

FWIW,
CBODY67

My Tayman BTU-2.5 Bluetooth/USB conversion has bluetooth and usb connection. I didn’t think they offered bluetooth only. I had issues trying to use bluetooth so I just use the usb connection. I use the usb for my ipod anyway. It charges my iphone and ipad also.

fwiw update:
Missing my xm radio and all my favorite channels, I reread my users manual for my Tayman radio conversion to use the bluetooth for my iphone. Wasn’t very difficult once I actually read the instructions. Once I got the volume levels set-up between the phone and radio the sound quality is much better than any of our fm stereo channels. What was kinda impressive is when I shut the car off then returned hours later the radio recognized the phone in my pocket and immediately sync’d it and I had xm radio playing. If I return without the phone, or xm app turned off, the radio reverts to last radio station. Pretty sweet, I thought.

One week to Dream Cruise!

fwiw update:
Missing my xm radio and all my favorite channels, I reread my users manual . . . What was kinda impressive is when I shut the car off then returned hours later the radio recognized the phone in my pocket and immediately sync’d it and I had xm radio playing.

Not unlike an "active arming" anti-theft system of many newer vehicles. With the key fob in your pocket, the car recognizes that it's "present" and knows to automatically unlock the doors and such for you automatically. A NEAT adaptation of another OEM technology item! In this case, active Bluetooth syncing.

Thanks for the update,
CBODY67

Back