History of your car

grimley

Reaction score
I'm curious on the history of my fury, it was imported intuitive australia 2009 and I bought it in 2013. Basically I have no history of my car prior to it being imported.

I have the California license plate that was on the car when imported. Can this plate lead to any details or is my history lost forever?

Have you checked under the front seat, under the rear seat, and behind the rear seat back in the springs for the build sheet? If you find the build sheet it will be a good start.

Depending on where it was bult, maybe run the vin through the hantramck regidtry? Also put pics of the car here, maybe someone will recognize it.

If you have the original owners manual one of the back pages might have the name of the dealer where the car sold new, and might have the original owners name and maybe their address too. Also if your car had/has a Certicard the original owners name and address should be on that.

thanks for the replies guys.

theres no broadcast sheet in the car. ive gotten a decent chunk of information about it from factory via the data plate and vin coding. but from 1966 to 2009 is unknown to me.

theres no original owners manual or anything. thought id see my luck if anyone has done anything similar in the past as i had no idea where to go once ive decoded the plates.

maybe someones seen it before?

15541379_10157889649495585_402912859597839403_n.jpg

Short of posting it all over the internet, and hoping on the off chance a previous owner happens to cross paths with one of your posts....finding the previous owners and the history of the car might be tough.

Do you have the name of the last registered owner before you got the car? You may try finding that person, and from them perhaps one of the previous owners....and so on?

thanks for the replies guys.

theres no broadcast sheet in the car. ive gotten a decent chunk of information about it from factory via the data plate and vin coding. but from 1966 to 2009 is unknown to me.

theres no original owners manual or anything. thought id see my luck if anyone has done anything similar in the past as i had no idea where to go once ive decoded the plates.

maybe someones seen it before?

View attachment 109044
I have a factory operator manual that was in my wagon. it is not from the wagon. the serial #in the back of the manual is as follows. ph23e66270244. according to my fsm this is from a 66 fury 2 door hardtop. 318 cid built in Newark. delivery date of 7/9/66 authorized dealer was Reedman corp. langhorn pa. dealer account #7236. if it matches your vin I will gift it to you or anyone else with that vin # would be nice to see it go where it belongs.

just noticed. the h in the vin is high trim level being a fury III yours does not appear to be that. unless you haven't put the trim on.

I have a factory operator manual that was in my wagon. it is not from the wagon. the serial #in the back of the manual is as follows. ph23e66270244. according to my fsm this is from a 66 fury 2 door hardtop. 318 cid built in Newark. delivery date of 7/9/66 authorized dealer was Reedman corp. langhorn pa. dealer account #7236. if it matches your vin I will gift it to you or anyone else with that vin # would be nice to see it go where it belongs.

Appreciate the thought, but that's not mine :)

Back