mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
got me a few pieces of sheet metal accessories on sale today
The door banner suit my entrance perfectly

IMG_2185.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG

all made in China .... neat stuff but we can make signs here cant we?

You are correct but I wonder what the price would be if these were stamped in the USA? or even Canada...

regular price was $25.00 less 40% discount.

You are correct but I wonder what the price would be if these were stamped in the USA? or even Canada...

regular price was $25.00 less 40% discount.

Doesn't matter to me. I've not bought there because almost everything is China made. I'd rather have on made in the USA than 3 Made in China.

I do like them though, to be clear, I'm not knocking them. That made in China tag gets under my skin

I can respect your approach and comment about this but how many items are really fully designed, tested, manufactured and sold to the retail public in the USA?

I think you will be hard pressed to find a substantial amount of consumer goods that are.
I am talking about everything from these cheap little tin signs to electronic goods to car parts...
Even food is being imported!

There's a local automotive repair shop that posts quippy expressions from time to time and one is the one about buying imported cars and being out of a job.

He is shooting himself in the foot by posting things like this.
The deal is done! we are a global economy!
It's been a global economy for decades whether we like it or not...

I guess the positive end result is that the American economy is being driven by all this imported product because each sale keeps the lights on in the store and the good people employed.

We had a local station here that had a sign out front " American owned and operated " . Many people went there solely because of that sign. ..eventually Getty closed up shop..

I search high and low for a alternative to China made. I prefer Zimbabwe over China. I simply cannot support them.

I do find a lot of American made stuff if I look for it. I also buy used stuff made in the states from years ago.

My 2017 300C has barely anything that is made in the USA.

The FN window sticker says right off the bat 24% of the car is manufactured in Mexico. And then it it says the rest is manufactured in Canada/USA. And the car was assembled in Canada......

97% of my Titan was made and assembled in Tennessee!

I have a theory that I love to toss out every once in a while... If you want manufacturing to shift back to the US and/or Canada, there's a simple way to do it.

You require imported goods to be made in factories that comply with the same environmental and safety requirements that the US factories have to. Suddenly the advantages go away. The bonus is that China wouldn't be dumping crap into the air and water like they are now.

I'm sure there's no reversing it at this point, the container ships will keep coming in as long as the demand is there. Slowly over a great many years the stuff that we used to buy that was largely made in the USA was being replaced by stuff made elsewhere. We now have more big box, dollar, department and even grocery stores that offer next to nothing that's made here anymore. I don't think there's any way that we could even remotely produce more than half of what our massive population consumes considering its almost doubled since 1960.

You require imported goods to be made in factories that comply with the same environmental and safety requirements that the US factories have to. Suddenly the advantages go away. .
One thing all the rules in the world can't overcome...
Mexican Auto workers make $5/hr.

Take a look and the little decals on the food you eat.

Most of it says it was grown outside the U.S.

No, most produce here is grown in the US.

I don't buy food made outside the country. It is hard to find food not produced here.

Even my sandwich baggies are made here OR I wont buy them.
I'd rather pay a bit more

All your fresh perishables for sale come from the closest source.
Depends on the time of year.
If you want Strawberries in February, they are South American.
In the summer, probably from your own home state.

got me a few pieces of sheet metal accessories on sale today
The door banner suit my entrance perfectly

img_2185-jpg.123183

I've always liked those door banner signs. I may get one. If so I'll search for originals first and see what i can find though. Also have to have an appropriate door for it to go on. Love the way yours looks.

Back