Holley Carburetor Model # unknown

Daniel Romero

Reaction score
I can’t seem to find the model number on my Fury III. 1973 with a stock 2-barrel Holley on top of a 400. I’m looking to replace the original air cleaner with an aftermarket one.

I can’t seem to find the model number on my Fury III. 1973 with a stock 2-barrel Holley on top of a 400. I’m looking to replace the original air cleaner with an aftermarket one.

Should be a Holley 2210, Look at the top of the carb just in front of the choke there is a vertical piece of metal that the choke closes against. Number will probably say List 2210. There are usually three sets of numbers, one is a date code, one is a mfg part number and the list number is the model. (Might also be listed as List 2210-H2 or H2-2210) This carb was not noted for a high degree of reliability. There were several variants, most of the variants were CA emission related.

Dave

Last edited:
As a follow up, be sure to save the stock air cleaner. The 400 2BBL is not going to probably run any better with an aftermarket air cleaner. Might run worse depending on how much of the factory emission stuff is still functional.

Dave

Chrysler's factory air cleaners were really pretty good, compared to some from Ford or GM. The same air cleaner element as the similar 4bbl units, typically.

ANY aftermarket air cleaner you might find will require an adapter to fit the larger inside hole of the aftermarket air cleaner (to fit a 4bbl newer than '67 or '66, depending upon the particular carb) to the smaller diameter 2bbl air cleaner mounting. Which can also compromise the distance between the air cleaner and the inside surface of the hood.

Personally, from my experiences with the Holley 2210s, as both a replacement for the Stromberg carb on our '66 Newport and also on our '72 Newport 400 2bbl, it was a decently performing 2bbl unit. Better throttle response and metering accuracy than the earlier Stromberg WWC, due to the better venture design/shape. Others' experiences might be different, though. Just use the factory OEM thick base gasket. What issues might be motivating you to change the air cleaner unit? Just curious.

ALL of the metering specs you'll find for Holleys are for their various 4bbl units, not 2bbls. Which might explain the difficulty of finding information about it. Of course, the FSM has all of the specs and such.

CBODY67

Holley 2210s were great running carburetors - IF the air horn isn't warped. If it has been on your car a long time, chances are the air horn is warped. The forces of the air cleaner being tightened down over time and heating and cooling cycles caused them to warp easily. The air cleaner hold down rod only went through the air horn and not through the base of the carburetor, so the air horn warped since it wasn't strong enough to resist the upward forces over time.

The Stromberg WWC-3 did the same thing. Only Holley/Chrysler had a fix kit for it, under a Chrysler part number, back then. When the mpg goes down to about 10 and stays there, even for highway runs, that's a key indicator that the warpage has happened. But from my experience, it was noticed after a carb rebuild, unfortunately.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The Stromberg WWC-3 did the same thing. Only Holley/Chrysler had a fix kit for it, under a Chrysler part number, back then. When the mpg goes down to about 10 and stays there, even for highway runs, that's a key indicator that the warpage has happened. But from my experience, it was noticed after a carb rebuild, unfortunately.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Yeah, I recall the fix for the Holley was called a "bridge kit".

Back