Holy crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cd3420761#ht_500wt_1183

2uzdxc3.jpg

Up for auction is a very desirable and rare 1970 300 convertible with the factory original numbers matching high performance 440 engine. It is a deep burgandy exterior color with white interior and power top. It also has many popular options including power windows, power disc brakes, console, air conditioning, and the factory correct road wheels. It also has an am/fm stereo 8 track radio in it but it appears to be from a later than 1970 model since it does not have the thumbwheel station/volume adjusters, and instead has knobs like the later ones. It doesn't work but then the antenna cable needs replacing. It also has the optional right outside rear view mirror, but in this case it is for a later than 1970 model since it is rectangular rather than round (same with drivers door too) as was original on the 1970 models. The body is nice and straight with no rust that I have been able to find. The trunk is equipped with a carpet dress up, so there was no vinyl mat to trap moisture that typically rusts out trunk floors - this floor is still nice. The body has been repainted but is at best a budget job, not high quality, but it is still striking in appearance and shiny, but there are imperfections and some sloppy work otherwise. The pin stripes are too wide and bold, but do match the factory pinstripe layout otherwise (they are tape rather than paint as was used at the factory). I was able to detect some filler in the area just behind the drivers door, below the rear side window. There are a couple other places, but it appears to be fairly minimal. Overall this is a very good driving vehicle that belies its real mileage of 153,152 miles. The engine runs strong, and is very responsive. The transmission also shifts well. The automatic transmission is not the original numbers matching one, and has apparently been replaced with perhaps a factory replacement unit since there are no numbers on the transmission case. It also has the part throttle kick-down feature that started with the 1971 Chryslers. The engine is numbers matching and I do not believe has ever been rebuilt, at least according to the previous owner. The interior is very clean and in very good shape with a couple small tears in one of the rear armrests, rear seat back and in the padding on the top of the console. The carpet has been replaced by the previous owner with a non-original red one - the original stock one would have been black with loop pile rather than cut pile as is currently in the vehicle. The factory road wheels are in good condition, although one of the center cap domes would need replating to look as good as the other ones. The other chrome on the vehicle is in decent shape and still shines pretty well. The air conditioning is the auto temp variety and does not work presently nor have I tried to have it fixed since I have owned the vehicle. The power windows all work, although some are slow or stick, but all respond to the buttons. I noticed a small leak at the differential, so it probably needs a new pinion seal, but it is quiet. I have not seen any drips or leaks under the engine compartment at all, which is rare for these vehicles in my experience.
It would be very hard to find another one of these vehicles in this condition and with all these desirable options and color. But to be clear, this is a very nice driver rather than a show car. It still turns heads just as it is though, or it could be restored to concours condition, but then you might be reluctant to drive it.

A Paypal deposit of $500 is due within 48 hours of auction closing and full payment is required within 7 days from the end of the listing. It must be picked up within three weeks from the end of auction. There is no warranty with the vehicle and the vehicle is sold as is with no returns or refunds. Therefore, be sure to ask all questions you might have before you bid. Bidders with less than 10 feedback will need to check with me before bidding or the bid will be cancelled. Bids from outside the U.S. are welcome.

I'd wrestle to become the high bidder without meeting the reserve by auction's end. Then negotiate....

Miss Jane's car???

Still in great shape with 153,000 miles on her.

That's a 1971 Challenger and the show ended in 1971. That car was the last car she drove on the show.

now there's my baby..........come to papa, my dear

the car, not miss jane

This is a really nice car, I would definitely drive it!
seeing that '71 vert is making me rethink the need for new rear springs in mine. I thought mine was sitting low but it looks like if Jethro wasn't in the back seat they'd be about the same...

image.jpg

I hear that a lot while driving my 65 Coronet 500...... (Wheres Miss hathaway)...?

She drove a red one for 3 seasons

michigan 2011 011 (Large).jpg

This is a really nice car, I would definitely drive it!
seeing that '71 vert is making me rethink the need for new rear springs in mine. I thought mine was sitting low but it looks like if Jethro wasn't in the back seat they'd be about the same...

She's doing a hole shot so the nose is up in the air.

< Sent from my tablet >

Hmmm I like that 300, Red carpet would need to go, a quality paint job and proper bodywork would be a must, Underside of the car needs coated to protect the metal.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back