How bout some Pro Stock trucks

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The now defunct NHRA Pro Stock truck class. Those Dakota's where fast. No suprise to me.

pro1.jpg

sox dak.jpg

The NHRA tries hard but they just don't understand. I feel that NASCAR is headed down the same path.

I like the IHRA format but its kind of WWE like. They need to cubic inch limit the modern V8 , not a 40-50 year old design that is tweaked way different than the original design.

Yea the need to use the modern V8's in Pro Stock now that there is Pro Mod to use the 500 inch engines

That also brings up the point of limiting pro mods to either all turbo(my choice) or all nitrous. Superchargers are well represented in the fuel and alcohol groups.

That also brings up the point of limiting pro mods to either all turbo(my choice) or all nitrous. Superchargers are well represented in the fuel and alcohol groups.

Davevi hear ya. The only thing is if they would get Funny cars back closer to stock bodies I was say yes. The Pro Mods look much closer & have the shorter wheel base so it attracts fans of Funny cars & AFX & Gassers.

The NHRA tries hard but they just don't understand. I feel that NASCAR is headed down the same path.

Isn't NHRA a few years behind NASCAR in not getting it? That's what I thought was the order. At least the drag cars kind of resemble a stock ride more so than the circle trackers.

One of the things I have never understood about NASCAR is they allow all theses body mods to make the cars more aero @ slippery. And Goodyear develops better tires that help them go faster. Then NASCAR does something cheap & simple to cut them back. Like restrictor plates or spoiler angles. So the teams spend millions to find 2 mph & NASCAR adds a wicker to the rear spoiler or a smaller plate to take them right back. Crazy

I can't remember what driver said it, but he said without the restrictor plates, it would be like driving on ice at 220, or something like that. He said it would have been crazy.

I'm still impressed with the power it takes to get a vehicle moving to extreme speeds from a stop. I love drag racing.

I kinda like the way all the old time hot shoes used to cheat. I know for a fact that Mother Mopar had cardboard restricter plates that looked just like aluminum that they used in the 426 wing carz 'cuz I've seen 'um. They would pass inspection in full view but the minute they'd nail it when they dropped the flage those restricted inner edges would snap off and get sucked rite through the system and out the exhaust I waz at MIS back in '69 when somebody protested Cal Yarburough and hiz Talladega for running the exhaust tipz 15"s out from under the car. Seems that no one could draft him because of how badly the air was spolling behind him. Good memories, fun times when we'd use horse suringes to spike the watermellons with Vodka for consumption after the races, Jer

Back