How can I tell the difference between 1976 Gran Fury and 1977 Gran Fury?

Daprofessor

Reaction score
Sorry for the title i wanted to include the 76 fury too.Sometime soon I'll be looking for a 1976-78 gran fury model ...I understand the difference aesthetically..well kind of according to this

''Furys and Gran Furys are two completely different cars during their '75-'78 run. In '75, the regular Fury name replaced the Satellite name on the intermediate models. The Gran Fury name replaced the Fury name on the full-size models.

'75-'76 Furys had single round units.
'77-'78 Furys had stacked rectangular headlights.

'74-'75 Gran Furys had dual round lights (four-eyes). ''
But what about their size is there a difference between 76-78 models like the wheelbase,etc? What are some advantages a 78 has over 76? (Like less gas or better features?) I know cars got downsized in 77 but not sure if chrysler downsized that year

Last edited:
Basically the huge tl:dr

What are some mechanical differences between the 76-78 Gran Furys? What are the advantages of a 78' over the 76?

Sorry for the title i wanted to include the 76 fury too.Sometime soon I'll be looking for a 1976-78 gran fury model ...I understand the difference aesthetically..well kind of according to this

''Furys and Gran Furys are two completely different cars during their '75-'78 run. In '75, the regular Fury name replaced the Satellite name on the intermediate models. The Gran Fury name replaced the Fury name on the full-size models.

'75-'76 Furys had single round units.
'77-'78 Furys had stacked rectangular headlights.

'74-'75 Gran Furys had dual round lights (four-eyes). ''
But what about their size is there a difference between 76-78 models like the wheelbase,etc? What are some advantages a 78 has over 76? (Like less gas or better features?) I know cars got downsized in 77 but not sure if chrysler downsized that year
Joey? Sticky please ??

picsart_01-24-10-29-10-jpg.70096

Basically the huge tl:dr

What are some mechanical differences between the 76-78 Gran Furys? What are the advantages of a 78' over the 76?
No 1978 Gran Furys.
In 1974, Gran Fury was the top model of all of the Fury line.
For 75-77, the entire C-body line of Plymouth was changed from Fury to Gran Fury with the Gran Fury line have different models. Confused?

The mechanical differences tween the 74 - 77 cars are insignificant. All you need to know is to walk past the ones with AutoTemp II a.c. and look for a car with manual a.c.

This is what manual A/C looks like....

ATC II doesn't have a fan speed switch and has temp buttons 65, 70 ,75, etc.

DSC02280.JPG

Professor, just ignore that monstrosity above the HVAC controls as pictured above. That was an error in judgement by someone... :poke:

:D

Back