How do I tell = What diff is in my 1976 New Yorker Brougham 440 V8

FarCanal

Reaction score
Howdy
Wishing to purchase a "Locker Pumpkin" from Jegs for my vehicle, but there are many that may fit dependent on outer size (8.25?) spline number, axle size, etc
It may already have a limited, coz sometimes she'll may two nice big lines, others single ?
Does anyone know which of Jegs offerings (or if you know better, cheaper to buy)
Remembering I'm in Australia - so DO NOT want to get this wrong and re-ship (HUGE $)
Any help GREATLY appreciated
Big Jim - Adelaide, South Australia

NewYorkerSailClub.jpg

Wouldn't there be a SureGrip option code on the data plate? There should be a metal tag on the axle with the 2.7_ ratio on it, too? NO secrets about these things with the Chrysler data plate and/or build sheet!

Burnouts might look neat until you figure out that the little pieces of concrete or asphalt are being launched to the rear of the car at ___mph as shrapnel! Not to forget the added strain on u-joints, rear springs, and rear brake linings.

Unless there's some reason to use Jeg's, shop Summit Racing or some of the advertisers who specialize in rear axle stuff (in the Mopar magazines) for the best price and such.

CBODY67

Howdy
A couple of years ago I scored a Fully Rebuilt 440 V8 at Auction of an Engine builder who went broke
Pistons, Cam, internal parts used suggest a motor putting out around 550Hp
Locally I've been told its an 8.25 diff - which would struggle if engine output is correct / also told its a Banjo and Dana 60 = so what the "Beep" is it
MANY THANKS to "78Polara383" for the detailed schematic - jeepers the times I couldda used that in my life (running Mopars)
Will have a look tomorrow and verify which one
Thank you to all who took interest
Cheers
Big Jim

NewYorker#4.JPG

Back