How many 72-73 Imperials will be FOR SALE between now and into 2018?

This one is on ebay now and I posted it in the other for sale forum thread. Just wanted to note it here in this continuing perpetual thread as a little housekeeping for those that are interested in Imperials like myself. And the photos will be long gone once the listings has expired. This is one of my favorites that have been listed in awhile.
virgimp.jpg
virgimp1.jpg
virgimp2.jpg
virgimp3.jpg
virgimp4.jpg
virgimp5.jpg
virgimp6.jpg
virgimp7.jpg
virgimpskirt.jpg

They're lovely cars, I had fun driving mine on the Wisconsin freeways and have decided to leave her there and share her with my friend. Why?

Because we have nothing here like the 70mph freeways and it was a blast to accelerate up to that speed and cruise.

Also, the 8.60 NZ per gallon premium gasoline prices here compared to your 2 45 USD per gallon price.

Regards to all from Christchurch NZ

Hey John how was the trip through the USA? Sorry we missed you up here .... I’m coming to NZ on a bigass boat in 2019. I’ll ring you up..:)

I saw you popped up on Facebook recently with some good photos of this gem on the trailer and in the carwash. It's a beauty anywhere I can see it.
yes i took it for a wash last weekend, i took the imperial last night for a test drive runs great first time since 1982 that the car was on the road.

If that was in a more popular color I think it would've gone for a lot more. That color combo does nothing for the beauty of those cars. IMHO

Hey John how was the trip through the USA? Sorry we missed you up here .... I’m coming to NZ on a bigass boat in 2019. I’ll ring you up..:)
It was good but I was ill for much of it as i had my first experience of shingles but some acyclovir and steroid cream for the rash took care of it. Ended up buying an American Airlines flight back which was good.

Hopefully this year I'll get to Calgary. Looking forward to meeting you.

This red one popped up again on my radar on FB as the seller was negotiating with a buyer about another car...a 73 Newport. I never saw all the pics of the red Imperial. Here they are for historical records... Not sure if it sold or never deleted?
redone.jpg
redone1.jpg
redone2.jpg
redone3.jpg
redone4.jpg
redone5.jpg
redone6.jpg
redone7.jpg
redone8.jpg
redone9.jpg

Wouldn't mind seeing more pics on this one...especially the interior. I'll see if seller can provide more later. *Usually it's an uphill battle when they start out skimpy with details in the ad.
clean
72grey.jpg
72grey2.jpg

Good luck with that. Two pics? He must not want to sell it that bad. I doubt that is an original color combo from Chrysler.

It did sell. Just confirmed. Needed a deal of work. Would have been a project.

I think you had posted this car earlier on in 2017. I remember it because of the missing carburetor, which turns out to be on the rear floor of the car....with an open base gasket. Maybe that's why the car didn't run right; it needs a divided base gasket....

Last edited:
Back