How to NOT drive an Imperial.

The video is from 2010. That poor car must be completely destroyed by now. The only way to save these cars is to move them out of the United States.

The video is from 2010. That poor car must be completely destroyed by now. The only way to save these cars is to move them out of the United States.
That doesn't always work though, sadly, I've seen neglected/abused American iron over here too.

My best theory/wish/hope scenario:

Got a hold of grandma's keys when nobody was paying attention.

Found a like minded idiot to film the stupidity in action.

Was cut out of the will, so the car was allowed to live a better life in the hands of someone with a higher IQ.

Otherwise, I sure hope she didn't wind up like this
234220664.jpg

I got most of the burnouts out of my system in a ‘68 Charger lots of years ago, although maybe when I get 1 of my B-bodies on the road I will be remotivated to abuse some more tires. Never in the Imp though, it’s just not necessary.

Most of us have done this in one car or another ...

As a kid I was cruising in a friend's mid 70's Ford wagon & he wanted me to show him how to do a burnout. With a 460 I though it would be easy. He stopped the car & we tried a few gas & go with no spin, so went the next step up. I had him power brake the pig. It still would not spin. So the next try I had him really lay into the gas for a little longer. BAM!!! I kid you not, both rear hubcaps flew off into the yards on both sides & at the same time the driveshaft started beating on the floorboards. We shut it off. The entire front of the rear axle was torn off and oil was pouring all over the place. At that point we tried to push the car over to the side of the road, but it would not roll. When his dad showed up, we convinced him that a dog had jumped out in the road, we slowed down, and when we went back to accelerate it came apart. There was not a single tire mark & his dad bought it. Lol.

That video is clear evidence that you can't cure stupid.
Anyone who is serious about burning some rubber uses their local drag strip and a car set up for that kind of work.

Burnouts at a drag race are common and necessary (depending on the car). Any burnout at any other time is a waste of gas and rubber. I've said it for years, anything a Diesel Mercedes can do is NOT impressive. MY 300 TD could break its rear tires loose, and so could my '93 Dodge B250 van. Big deal....

Moparfest (and Carlisle the times I was there) had burnout demonstrations. At New Hamburg one year they trashed the drive train on a new Viper. My limit is watching once a year for some adolescent amusement.

Maybe if that car was a beater, all the salvageable parts removed and on its last ride to the bone yard. But that car looked pretty darn clean to me. That guy was an idiot... plain and simple.

Back