How will my insurance company find parts for this...

peiguy23

Reaction score
PXL_20220504_155446150.jpg
PXL_20220504_153648812.jpg

I good body man should be able to knock that out, all too often nowadays they just want to replace parts. send the bumper and trim out, plenty of places doing those.
Check the grills and bezels for damage.
I think the fender is well within the fix and not replace.

I was expecting worse.

Alan

I hope you have proper collector car insurance, with form 19a coverage. In situations like this in Canada this type of vehicle insurance will allow you the source the parts through vendors that you are familiar with, and of course all policies allow you to choose the repair shop. This actually saves the insurance company a lot of time.

There are several vendors that can provide you with a replacement fender and your insurance company should be able to pay for the parts, shipping, bodywork and paint.

Believe it or not there is approximately $5,000 worth of damage there, to be able to return the vehicle to the state that it was in prior to being hit.

From what I can see you need the front fender, nameplate, side marker assembly, and there is possible damage to tjd front bumper which may require straightening and re-chroming. Then you have the labour to remove and install, prep prime and paint.

If your car is only insured under your regular vehicle insurance then you're going to have a fight on your hands as they will likely attempt to write the vehicle off.

First person I would talk to for a replacement fender, emblem and side marker lamp assembly would be Nigel at National Moparts. www.nationalmoparts.com
1-888-652-7464

They are located in Beaverton Ontario Canada and are your best resource in my opinion.

Next would be Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix Arizona. DVAP.COM

Use their online Search tool to find the fender, and then call them to actually secure it.

Good luck, and I'm sorry about the damage to your car.

I hope you have proper collector car insurance, with form 19a coverage. In situations like this in Canada this type of vehicle insurance will allow you the source the parts through vendors that you are familiar with, and of course all policies allow you to choose the repair shop. This actually saves the insurance company a lot of time.

There are several vendors that can provide you with a replacement fender and your insurance company should be able to pay for the parts, shipping, bodywork and paint.

Believe it or not there is approximately $5,000 worth of damage there, to be able to return the vehicle to the state that it was in prior to being hit.

From what I can see you need the front fender, nameplate, side marker assembly, and there is possible damage to tjd front bumper which may require straightening and re-chroming. Then you have the labour to remove and install, prep prime and paint.

If your car is only insured under your regular vehicle insurance then you're going to have a fight on your hands as they will likely attempt to write the vehicle off.

First person I would talk to for a replacement fender, emblem and side marker lamp assembly would be Nigel at National Moparts. www.nationalmoparts.com
1-888-652-7464

They are located in Beaverton Ontario Canada and are your best resource in my opinion.

Next would be Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix Arizona. DVAP.COM

Use their online Search tool to find the fender, and then call them to actually secure it.

Good luck, and I'm sorry about the damage to your car.
Thanks. I'm insured with Hagerty. The agent called me this afternoon and asked me to take it to a shop to get checked out tomorrow.

WTF, was the driver of that stupid Honda that blind they couldn't see a 20 foot car behind them??

WTF, was the driver of that stupid Honda that blind they couldn't see a 20 foot car behind them??

New cars make it impossible to see aft from the driver's seat. The view consists of oversized headrests and a high horizon line formed by the trunk in between. So yeah, maybe the reverse TV screen was out?

That Honda driver should trade their car in for a Newport and they'd be able to go in reverse all day long....

Let's not discount talking on phone, adjusting, radio, reading facebook, etc. Everything but looking where you're going.

Totally sucks. Sorry that happened.

I have a pass 70 300 fender if will work? $200
Shipping might be a problem?
Willing to drop fender at packaging company. Have insurance pay for shipping

There is this this 69 Newport coupe at a yard near me.
He is pricey but I might be able to get a deal on it? Was thinking of trying to get whole car?
Let me know if your interested?

FAD81451-627F-4D22-BEE2-212AC014155E.jpeg

Back